~27~

Hey!! A shorter chapter, but happy reading anyway!

"Please pick up the phone Skylar..." I muttered to myself running my hand through my wet hair. I could feel water running down my back, but right now I was way more concerned with getting Skylar to pick up her damn phone.

I was walking back and forth in my room with my phone to my ear, speaking to myself like a crazy person. This scene had repeated itself many times a day this past week. I had called Skylar more times than I could count, but I didn't even need a hand to show how many times she had picked up. The last thing I got from her was that dreadful text I had gotten just after her parents started the car and drove away. I had tried calling the other girls too, but none of them were picking up. Skylar must have spoken to them.

However, someone that I had heard more than enough from was Landon. He had called me just as many times as I had called Skylar – if not more – but I had no interests in listening to him. He had made his choice and now I was making mine.

I was still shocked that the boy I – thought – I knew could do something like this; could betray my trust like he did. I had confined in him because the Landon I knew would never tell another person's secret. The Landon I knew would never smirk while watching another person's friendship fall apart. The Landon I knew was not the Landon I saw last week.

I had said before that I kept discovering new sides of Landon, but I must admit that this new side of him I could have lived without. On the other hand it was better discovering it now than later when I had given my heart to him. Something, I had been so close to doing... what a fool I had been.

I was tempted to take a shower once again, even though I had just gotten out of my previous one no more than 15 minutes ago, because the warm water seemed to have a soothing effect on me. It made my muscles relax and for a few short moments I even seemed to forget that I had no friends... but then I would step out of the shower and the cold reality would hit me like the wind.

As tempting as the idea of another shower was, I wasn't sure that my parents would love the water bill afterwards, so instead I decided on something even better: Dancing. Dancing let me burn some steam, but the only downside was that it was something I – used to – share with my best friends...

Finding some old shorts and a tank top in my closet I began lifting my shirt above my head so that I could change. However, I didn't get it very far before my phone started buzzing from where I had thrown it on the bed. I almost didn't hear it since the sound was off, but the vague buzzing could still be heard.

Not thinking I threw myself on the bed head first since actually lifting my shirt off my head seemed unnecessary. I mean if it was Skylar calling me then I couldn't let her wait. So here I was, lying on my bed on my stomach with my shirt halfway over my head and my arms stretched out over it, and fumbled to press the accept button on my phone because, well, I couldn't see anything.

The phone stopped buzzing. "Hello?" I came out as a question since I didn't know if I had actually pressed the right button.

"Hi honey," my mom's voice sounded through the phone and I sighed I defeat. It wasn't Skylar. "Your dad and I were just wondering if you felt more like lasagna or pork chops tonight. We can't really decide and we have been arguing at isle 3 for the past 10 minutes, so you need to decide for us."

I wanted to laugh since that was so typically my parents, but I couldn't. I was too disappointed. "Lasagna is fine with me."

"Thanks honey. Ha, I was right Michael-" I heard my mom brag to my father before a shrill beep sounded through the phone and she was gone again.