I'm back.

The first division Shinsengumi captain, Okita Sougo pulled his red mask over his eyes and laid down on the empty park bench he's come to love. Four years without China. Can't believe I made it. He thought of her. His flamboyant, boisterous, vulgar, irritatingly-pretty China doll. It's been far too long. Sougo would come home to an empty house, visit an empty park, and always felt alone. Isn't it pathetic, China? I'm the one who got left behind, and you left. Well, it's not like I was ever ahead, anyway. He bitterly chuckled. It was too humid outside today. Damn Edo, and damn the Kabuki district.
     "Isn't that enough lounging around, Sadist?" Woah. Sounds like China. Am I delusional? "Y'know, it's not nice to ignore people. Especially the ones that travelled across space and time."
     He weakly chuckled. "You're funny."
     "Take off the mask, Sadist. It's me. Kagura." He could feel her. Your breath is fanning me. You're killing me. He sucked in a sharp breath. "You took too long."
     A giggle. "C'mon, don't be a loser, Sadist, take off the mask! And what's with the getup?" Soft fingers wrapped around his hand. They were pleasantly warm. "C'mon, I don't like touching you unless you go flying ten feet away, so stop moping around and-"
     "You took too long. Now, I'm eighteen and first division captain of the Shinsengumi. He retrieved his hand and tore off his mask. F*ck. She looks the same. Wh- what a repulsive face. She didn't change.... Right? The same, creamy white skin, not even the slightest imperfection. Her cheeks had a rosy hue to emphasize her attractiveness. And her cerulean orbs of curiosity and youth, and perfect vermillion eyebrows is just the beginning of it. Her hair was in tight Chinese buns, and was clad in a long, pink cheongsam with slits on the sides. She was wearing long, black boots that extended to above her knee, the rest of her ivory skin exposed.
He cleared his throat. "The f*ck? You look fourteen..."
She grinned and shot him the peace sign, "'Cause I am! Guess what, Sadist, I didn't age!"
Like I care, anyway. "Gross. You're still a washboard?"
Her face scrunched up into a glare, and she drew her fist back so that it was adjacent to her ear and punched him. As he flew back, a paroxysm of happiness flowed through his veins, convulsing within him. He exhaled an excited breath. "Welcome home, China."
Although he couldn't see her, he imagined her cocky grin. "I'm back, Sadist!"
***
Sougo was invited to Kagura's welcome home party. He sat idle on the side, observing her dance around and talk to various people. He walked up to Gintoki and monotonously asked, "Did you miss China?"
     The drunkard laughed. "'Course I did. She my daughter! Wha' 'bout you, Soui-*hic*-chirou-kun?"
     Sougo sighed. "I did. I most definitely did. More than anyone else in the universe. That's between you and I, Danna." He glanced over at the samurai, but he passed out. Sougo hoisted him over his shoulder. "Lucky."
     Kagura eyed Sougo warily, "Can you carry Gin-chan to our place?"
     Sougo scoffed, "Don't underestimate me, China."
     "I wasn't underestimating anyone." She followed him up the scaffolding and leaned on the banister. Sougo clicked his tongue irritatedly, "He's your dad, y'know."
     "Nah, he's just my guardian. We're not related. And if you were just going to complain," she turned to him. He trapped her between his arms and leaned toward her. The rumbustious party was being dubbed out by Sougo's piercing, deep tone. "So you don't want to be related to him? Do you like Danna or something?"
     She stared at him. Her gaze unwavering. "None of your business."
     He leaned in even more, "It definitely is." She shuddered when his breath fanned against the crown of her ear. She pushed his head away, "Nope."
     She walked into the Yorozuya household and slid the door closed. Sougo was about to walk in and interrogate her more, but paused when a feint click was heard on the other side. He growled, "You should go back to your party. Everyone's waiting for you."
     A muffled, "They're all too drunk to notice. Just go home, Sadist."
     "Over my dead body." He muttered it. "This f*cking hurts."
                                                                 ***
     Kagura hurled a package of Sukonbu at a wall. "Damn that Sadist! I don't like anyone, why is he acting so weird?! I just came back..."
     She heard Shinpachi's voice outside. "Okita-kun? Why're you here?"
     Kagura flinched. "Shin- Shinpachi! Don't let him in!"
     A pause. Then, "Why?"
     "He-he assaulted me!" Huh? Who's gonna believe that, Kagura?!
     Sougo's voice was heard, "Very funny, China. What would I do with your body?"
     "Shut up!"
     Shinpachi sighed. "Even though I'm two years older, Okita-kun could kill me faster than you can eat, Kagura-chan. I just need to grab something. Is he slips in, blame his talent."
     Kagura stomped, shaking the apartment, "Don't say such a pathetic thing, Shinpachi! And don't compliment him!"
     The key jiggled and unlocked, and Shinpachi stepped in, Sougo jumping in afterward. The twenty-year old ran to his bag and retreated, repetitive apologies said.
     Kagura proceeded to run out, but Sougo grabbed her arm, squeezing tightly. Oh, f*ck. "Let me go, you *ss."
     "Not until you answer the question I asked about Danna." She tried to pry her arm away, but his grip was adamant. After two more tugs, she realized that running was going to be a futile atempt, and that she should just give him the answer.
     She gazed straight into his Crimson pools and said, "I don't like anyone. Especially you."
     His face looked sorrowful for a second, but was quickly replaced with a smug smile. "Okay... Not like I care."
     Kagura felt ashamed. Why? Why, why, why? Why did you make that pained expression?! Piece of sh*t, make up your mind! "Me neither. Now get out."
     She glared at him as he slid the paper door shut.
A/N: So basically, every time I put a picture, a new era has started. This is the 'normal' one, I guess. Well get to timeskip Okikagu and Movie Okikagu later!