Don't leave me yet.

Sougo suffered a lot before. Both physically and emotionally. But it doesn't compare to the pain he felt throughout the fight with Kamui. He could see Kagura's pained expression. He could see Kamui's maniacal grin. He winced when his umbrella impacted his face, whisking him backward a few feet. Sougo gripped his sword and spat out blood, "Sh*t you're strong."
     Kamui looked flattered, "Hm. And you're weak."
     The officers swung his katanna at the amanto with beguiling precision. The blade lacerated Kamui's stomach, and chuckled as he, with very little effort, threw the bloodied weapon aside. "Weak. That's what you pathetic humans are. Weak."
     Before Sougo could even blink he was in front of him. The same, unsettling closed-eyed smile. "Die." He thrust his umbrella up into his chest, a barrage of bullets shot afterward.
     Sougo fell limp as Kagura rushed to his side. Kamui regarded her with an enthusiastic shrug, "C'mon, Imouto-chan, he was we-"
     "I dare you to repeat that word." Her voice seeped of vitriol and ice. "I. F*cking. Dare. You."
     For once in his entire lifetime, Kamui felt guilty about killing someone. He hid it with his sugar-coated words, "I'll pick you up tomorrow~"
     "Don't." Was her cold reply.
     Her back still turned, she stood up. Light, distant footsteps could be heard. Police came in, along with the ramen shop owner. It was the Shinsengumi. She recognized two of them. "Kondo-chan! And... Mayora.... You're..."
     "The police? Indeed." His voice was deep and frightening, but she seeked comfort in it. She clambered over to him and clung to his uniform. She began to sob, "Mayora.... S-Sadist almost died because of me..."
He patted her head and soothingly remarked, "Kagura, I've known both you and that kid for a long time. He won't die. I promise you that."
Her cerulean irises were intangible at the moment. She held back tears as she continued to cry. He exhaled a puff of smoke from his lips, guarding her head so that she didn't inhale it. He turned to Kondo, "Kondo-san, call her step-dad. Bring along the step-brother, too. I'm pretty sure she needs them right now."
Kondo had a touched expression. Hijikata tilted his head at him, "What is it?"
"You really are a nice person, Toshi. And while I'm at it, can I call Otae-san?"
He chuckled sarcastically, "Go ahead, go ahead, you're the chief."
***
Kamui clambered up the steps of his large amanto ship. An older man with dead eyes and long grey hair was waiting for him. He stood up as Kamui approached. "How did it go?"
He licked the remaining blood that stained his cheeks, "Well, Abuto, I've found Imouto-chan. But... Someone that I can only assume a friend defended her, and I killed him. For some reason she didn't appreciate my protectiveness. He could've hurt her."
Abuto had an expression tantamount to Kamui's. "This 'dangerous man', was he really harming your sister?"
When Kamui knows he's wrong, he threatens people. This, Abuto knew. Kamui's eyebrow twitched, along with a strand of hair that looked like an antennae. "Are questioning me, Abuto? I can kill everything and everyone. That includes you-"
"Answer my question, sir," said Abuto, not paying any mind to the one-sided threat.
Kamui opened his eyes to reveal guilty orbs of deep cerulean. "No. But he had that scent. I could tell he's like me, Abuto. He's not a normal human. I can't leave my small sister with a monster."
Abuto sighed, "Since when has your younger sister not been a monster? She's a yato. We're all monsters."
Kamui cursed under his breath as Abuto walked away.
***
Sougo slowly opened his eyes. I'm in my room? My head and muscles are aching. More importantly... He sat up, and growled at the convulsing pain in his stomach and chest. "Sh*t."
"Sadist, lay back down. Are you retarded?" Kagura stepped in, carrying a tray.
"China. Where's that *sshole?" Sougo asked trying to move his body. He hissed when he did.
Kagura put her hands on his chest and laid him down swiftly but gently. Sougo hummed when his back touched the soft futon. She smirked, "See? You're sore. Don't get up again. I got you water and medicine. Take it." She held the tray out in front of him, and gritted her teeth when he just laid there.
     Sougo stared at her. "China. I can't move my limbs without them hurting like hell. You have to feed me the medicine."
     Her face reddened, and even if she denied embarrassment, it'd be written all over her doll-craft features. "I-I don't want to do that..."
Sh*t. Don't you think you're acting too cute? "C'mon, I tried to protect your *ss. You used to feed me medicine when we were kids."
     "It was against both of our will! Why would I feed medicine to someone so that they can heal the wounds that I created? It's like deleting a save file!" She said, promptly stomping her feet.
     A vein popped on his forehead. "Just do it, China, these wounds weren't from you. They're from your d*ckhead brother."
     Suddenly, her hands were trembling. Her voice plummeted down to a melancholy tone. "I know... I'm sorry," tears rolled down her face. "I tried to stop crying... But the more I think about it, the more horrible I feel. I almost killed my rival and best friend."
     Sougo was appalled. "Ch-"
     "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" She sobbed.
     "China!" He said, his hands on her shoulders. He was sitting up.
     "Sadist... You- your wounds-"
     He scoffed, "I care more about my ugly rival crying than these pathetic lacerations and bruises. listen, none of what happened was your fault."
     She wiped her eyes with her fist, "Really?"
     He smiled his most handsome smile and tugged her toward him, her head against his calm heartbeat. "Since when am I wrong about anything?"
     "All the time," she said, scooting closer to him.
"More so than you?" He rested his head on hers.
"Do you want these cuts to be deeper?"
"Hey, hey, hey, girlfriends don't threaten their masters."
"Fake girlfriends do."
"Hm." You'll soon be my real girlfriend, though.