Denial.

Kagura's heart faltered when he looked at her. His crimson red eyes gazing at her quizzically and emotionlessly. His lips quirked upward into a contemptuous smirk. His sinewy fingers wrapped around her wrist and tugged gently. She held her breath. "Let go of me and f*ck off, Sadist."
A shiver took over her body when he spoke into her fist, "You say that, but you've never attempted to pull away."
What the f*ck are you doing, Kagura? Pull away! Her body refused. She let his grip tighten and allowed him access to her other wrist. Oh, now you've done it. His nose grazed her forehead. "Its surprisingly smooth. What did you put on here, piss?" His voice was strangely soothing. Then, he whispered another sentence into her fist, "I said I'd make you realize your feelings for me, didn't I?"
     Another shudder shook her body, "St-stop doing that."
     His smirk widened, "Do you like it?"
     She growled, "No, that's why I asked you to stop, dumb*ss."
     "Okay then." He carelessly let her hands drop. A childish frown was displayed on his refined features. She missed the warmth. She hadn't realized how cold the air around them was. It is summer, right? "I... Didn't notice how unbelievably warm your hands were until now, Sadist."
His frown was exchanged with a smirk, "Does my little China-doll miss the warmth of Okita-sama's hands?"
She twiddled her thumbs. "Perhaps... Only because I'm a little chilly. I should've brought my cloak." What. The. F*ck. Are. You. Doing. Once again ignoring her brain's request, she held out her hands which were small in comparison to his.
He stepped toward her and hovered his hands over hers, "On one condition."
She swallowed nervously, "what...?"
"Become my girlfri-"
"Okita." Kagura's eyes went to the door. A beautiful woman around the age of Sougo walked in. Her attire similar to the Shinsengumi uniform, although it was obviously made for women and was white. She had two swords sheathed in her belt. Her navy, long tresses whistled delicately in the summer wind. Her eyes congruent to Sougo's. She was one of Kagura's allies. Nobu-chan...
A scowl was etched on his deadpanned face. "Crazy B*tch. What do you want?"
"Still immature, I see. I want to settle a score between us." With one hand, she pulled out both of her blades, and caught one in each hand. Both dangerously sharp.
     Kagura laughed half-heartedly. "Well I had to leave anyway. Nobu-chan, when his head is in the floor take a picture and show me."
     Nobume nodded slowly. Sougo looked at her disappointedly, "You're leaving? Who said I was fighting her anyway?"
     "I did. I'm going." As soon as the yato was out of his sight, she ran. The sound of swords clashing and scraping against each other behind her.
                                                                    ***
     "Kagura-chan, that took a while. Did you give Okita-kun his present?"
She sighed and massaged her forehead, "Sh*t. I forgot. You know what?" she threw the sheathed weapon aside, the loud clatter echoing about the silent apartment. "I won't give it to him."
     Shinpachi sighed and remarked soothingly, "Kagura-chan, did something happen?"
     Her voice was shaking, "Shinpachi... Sadist has a new rival... And it's one of our friends.. N-Nobu-chan."
     He pulled her toward him gently, stroking her hair with his fingers. "Kagura-chan, if I know one thing about Okita-kun, it's that he would never replace you with anyone."
     She looked at him with large cerulean eyes, "Really?"
     The samurai grinned at her, "Really."
     With one last pat on the head, he proceeded to leave, "Oh, Gin-san's buying strawberry milk. Bye, now, Kagura-chan!"
Kagura let her exhausted body fall down onto the couch. A needed, restless sigh escaping her mouth afterward. She closed her eyes, "One sukonbu, two sukonbu... Three.."
"China."
She jolted, eyes opening, and instantaneously springing up. It was Sougo. His clothes bedraggled and tattered. He was heavily panting, his crimson pools blank. Kagura tapped her foot impatiently, waiting for his uneven breath to settle down. He recoiled and took a step toward her, his face indicating pure rage. "Why the f*ck did you run off?"
The yato pursed her lips, "You were busy."
His voice was cold, "As I said earlier, I had no intention of fighting that crazy bit-"
"But look at that, you did." Her eyes went to his uniform.
He covered her mouth with his large, calloused hand. "Let. Me. Finish. China, I didn't know you got jealous. I always thought it was just me."
She scoffed, "Who said I was jealous? And what do you mean?"
He regarded her with a maniacal grin before slamming her against the closet doors, his breath ghosting against her lips. The room darkened as Sougo muttered into her ear, "I'll never say."
He pulled back, her face stunned. He snickered, "I'll make you realize your obvious feelings for me, China. I'll never give you these hands until you say you love me and you mean it."
She punched his gut, "i did say I loved you and meant it."
Sougo's voice dropped into a deep whisper, "What changed?"
She smirked at him, "I'll never say." That I'm going to get married to another yato.... "Come, open your present."