Chapter 1: New beginning

"I SAID WHERE IS HE" I shouted.
"Calm down, why do you wanna see him he's a loser"
"Yeah, he'll just tell you about his useless human that wanted to change the world".
They didn't realize they were making fun of me right in front of me. I walked off. What's the point of talking to them, they don't understand. They never will. I decided to give up trying to find Ryuk. He wouldn't know who I am anyway.

I found it strange how I still remembered what happened. I thought I was supposed to lose my memories. Maybe it was a good thing I still had them. I went over to the observation glass and there was a shinigami watching a young girl, her lifespan said she would die today. It was early morning in the human world. I went to see the shinigami.
"Hey, why are you watching this girl?" I asked.
"Oh she's supposed to die soon but I don't want her to" he replied.
Then I remembered what Misa told me when we met. If I was lucky she would get saved by this shinigami then I could go to the human world since I already have my notebook.
"But if you try to save her you'll die so don't you think you should just stop watching," I said
"How do you know that?" He asked.
"Well let's just say I still have my memory from being human" I replied.
"You should talk to the king that is bad your memory should've gone," he said
"Why nothing will happen if I stay like this will it?"
"Just ask the king" he shouted as flying away.