Chapter 73:

"Light!!" I heard someone shout as their voices faded.
I woke up in a place I'd never seen before. There were pools of blood everywhere.
"Hello?" I shouted.
"Oh you came? Thanks, I knew you were busy".
"Hi" it said while walking towards me.

"I'm guessing you know who I am?"
"Yes, how could I not" I replied.
"What ever happened to that promise, you know the one we gave dad, if I remember rightly it was... if anything were to happen to you I would make sure Kira was caught? I don't know if you've realized, but we've actually arrested Kira many times".
"Yes I know" I said.

"Remember when I died or more like Ryuk killed me, after that you finally took over, all those years of you controlling me, you finally became the only one of us. Remember all those people you killed, all the pain you caused. The only thing I hated was that no one knew. Everyone looked at me as a monster. But it was you...." He said.

"It's not my fault I was stronger than you, having two sides of yourself is hard. I guess you could say...... I'm the darkest Light..." I laughed.
"You know, we really did become a monster didn't we...." He said.
"Yeah. I seriously regret killing all those people..." I laughed.
"You sound like you do"
"Shut up".

Suddenly a black fog came and I couldn't see anything. Once it had cleared there was more blood. The blood was leading somewhere. I followed it.