Chapter 60: First arrest

*this chapter will be long, its the 60th chapter special. I hope you enjoy. I loved typing this*

*lots of gore not recommended to read if you don't like lots of blood!*

"Everyone evacuate. The man running after me is Kira!" I shouted.
I pulled out the gun Arata gave me to use. Haruku ran back through everyone. I followed. We ran behind a tall building. There were 2 different paths leading off. I didn't see which one he went down so I ran down the one to the left. It was a dead end. I turned around to see him pointing a gun at me.
"Undercover cops always die, I saw you talking into the transceiver. Be more careful. In your next life" he said.

I got my gun back out. I began to load it when he shot my hand.
"You'll die right here!" He shouted.
"Why aren't you bothered that I shot your hand?" He asked.
"No reason" I said bluntly.
The news people came with their camera behind Haruku. He turned around. I picked up my gun and loaded it. He turned back around and panicked. He closed his eyes and shot at me.

It hit me in the heart. The camera people ran away.
"We're changing to the cctv footage. It's broadcasting now" whispered Arata.
A young girl ran around the corner. Haruku pointed the gun at her. I ran towards them. In a split second I pounced In front of the girl and took the shot. I fell to the floor. Haruku tried to shoot again but his gun was empty. He grabbed my gun. The girl was frozen with fear. I jumped up to my feet and took the shots again. Haruku realized the cctv cameras and ran. I grabbed the girl and ran after him.

He was running towards the crowd again. I ran as fast as I could. He grabbed someone and put the gun up to their head. I put the girl down and told her to wait there. I sprinted over to Haruku.
"Wait.... don't shoot anyone. Shoot me!" I shouted.
"Ok then if you say so"
He dropped the person and ran to me. Everyone backed away. He pushed me to the floor and held the gun up to my forehead. He shot and then jumped to his feet laughing. I pretended to be dead. Everyone screamed. He walked towards someone. I got up.

I kicked him in the back of the leg. He fell to the ground. I handcuffed him and held him to the floor. Arata and Jou ran over.
"Well done, you know I thought using a shinigami would make us fail but we succeeded. And you saved a lot of people" said Arata.
"I may have saved a lot of people but I also killed a lot while I was alive" I said.
"That was in the past your different now" said Jou.

"Hows your heart and head....?" Asked Arata.
I touched my head. Blood dripped down my arm.
"Fine, I think" I replied.
"Well you're going to be famous now you know, the full thing was caught on camera. It was live on every channel" said Jou.
They took Haruku to the van. I sat on the floor.
"Thank you for that......" said the girl.
"No problem, next time try to be more careful though" I said.
"I will. But aren't shinigami monsters that kill people..?" She asked.
"Most of them, me and my friends are part human" I replied.
"Does it hurt...?" She asked.
"Yeah, but I'm used to it" I replied.
The girls parents shouted of her.
"Goodbye and thank you" she said.
"Bye" I said.