Chapter 29: New family

"What is it?" I asked the boy.
"I went to find my friend and he went home. And now I don't know how to get home"
"Where is your house?"
"In Shinjuku" he replied.
"But my father works at the task force. He'll be there now" he said.
"Ok if we can get out without me getting caught, I'll take you to him" I said.
"Thank you mister"
"You can call me Light" I said.

We ran out of the exit and down the road. As we entered the station the boy tugged on my hand.
"Excuse me" he said in scared voice.
"What is it?" I asked.
"I wasn't looking for my friend... me and my dad were having an argument. About Kira...."
"Oh I see. It's fine" I said.

"What do you think about Kira?" I asked him.
"I support Kira" he said.
"Me too. Although, my father was a policeman who died while he was in charge of the Kira case" I said.
"Anyway let's get on the train" I said.
We boarded the train. The boy leaned over and rested his head on my arm.

We finally arrived at Shinjuku. We walked to a nearby cafe. I bought him some food. He started to cry.
"Please don't take me back, I want to stay with you. Please I beg of you" he cried quietly.
"But what about your family..."
"I don't have one. They adopted me. My parents were killed in a crash years ago. They're always wanting rid of me. So please." He said.
"Okay. Ill bring you with me. I'm lonely anyway so it wouldn't hurt for you to stay with me" I said.