Chapter 66:

*next day*

"What are we supposed to do with him? Without his shinigami we have no way of knowing if it is a set up" said Jou.
"The way I see it is we could just send him to execution for murder and harming others" said Usagi.
"She's right, but he should get a choice. I'd say join the forces or execution" said Jou.
"He'd kill us if he joined and plus we need his parents permission" said Arata.

"Either way I was executed for being Kira so he should, and of course personally I think evil should be punished. But look where that got me"
"Yeah. I think its only fair if we bring his parents in, then we can discuss it with them" said Usagi.
"Agreed. I'll get the number and get them in now" said Arata.

"What has he done now...?" Asked his mom.
"Your son has harmed an officers son and he is Kira" said Arata.
"Kira? There's no way my son is Kira. You arrested him didn't you?"
"Yes but another one appeared, he is killing innocent people, your son matches his profile and he is in possession of a Death Note" said Arata.

"What's going to happen now?"
"In the worst case he can be executed, but that depends on if he's killed a large amount of people. So far we haven't got many but we're still looking" Arata continued.