6

Chapter 6

You Smiled

Hazel

Itinaas ko ang buhok ko at tinignan kung mas bagay ba sa akin ang naka-ipit o hindi. Ibinaba ko ulit at itinaas nanaman. Ugh! This frustrates me so much!

"Wait...what am I doing? Hindi dapat ako nagkakaganito. Hell I am one of a drop-dead gorgeous person! Kahit ata magsuot ako ng basahan ay magmumukha akong dyosa!" Sabi ko sa salamin at inilaglag ang buhok ko.

I applied red lipstick and put eyeliner. I smirked at the mirror as I saw my reflection. "Yeah Hazel. This is what you should look like." I said and left the house.

Muntikan ko nang mailabas sa ilong ko ang kinain ko kaninang umaga nang buksan ko ang pinto. D-amn this girl! "Hi!" She greeted me as I glared at her.

"What the hell Louraine! Why are you here?!" I asked her in an annoying tone. As usual, she just smiled at me and raised a paperbag. "Breakfast with you!" She happily said and went inside the house.

Pipigilan ko na sana siya kaso mabilis na siyang nakapunta sa kusina ko. She looked around as if she's finding something. Pagkatapos niyang ilibot ang mata niya sa buong bahay ay tumango tango lang siya. What the hell, she's really weird.

"I see why." She just said at inilatag na ang dala niyang pagkain. "Tara na!" Alok niya pero hindi ko siya pinansin at dumiretso sa pinto.

"I'm not hungry." I said and I was about to walk out when my stupid stomach growled. "D-amn it." I hissed and I heard her laugh.

"You're a too adorable to be a mean person Hazel." She said and I gave her a death-stare. "Don't you dare call me adorable!" I told her at pumunta na sa lamesa.

"I'll just take a bite and leave." Sabi ko at umupo sa upuan sa harap niya. She said nothing and smiled at me instead.

I was about to bite the sandwich she brought when she spoke. "You're alone here I guess." She said and I looked at her.

"Why? You don't have any picture frames...or anything that shows that you have a family here." She said. Umirap lang ako sakaniya at tumayo na.

"I lost my appetite." I said and turned my back on her.

"You can lose yourself on your way. The path that you're choosing is the dark path Hazel. And once you saw a tiny bit of light, you'll start to follow that light but when that light disappear, you're going to be lost and lonely again. Be careful and take care of that light."

~

"Miss... Miss Villejas!" Napabalik ako sa reyalidad ng may marinig akong sumigaw ng pangalan ko. Nakita ko ang prof ko na pinahirapan ako kahapon. She looks like she's about to produce fire with her eyes and her smile creeps the hell out of me.

I stood up and gave her my why-the-hell-did-you-call-me smile. Yeah, I can always find my ways to irritate her, just as she irritates me.

"Can you report the progress of your group project?" Aniya na mukhang nagpipigil ng inis niya. Napalingon ako sa buong klase at napairap ng makitang nakatitig sa kain lahat, lalo na ang mga lalake.

"Bakit ako? I'm not the leader of the group. You should ask Luke." I said. Uupo na sana ako nang hampasin niya ang lamesa niya at halos napatalon na ako sa gulat. What the hell!

"Miss Villejas! If you'll keep to disrespect me for the whole semester then better leave my class and never attend it again!" She shouted. Napayuko lahat ng classmate ko.

She was known for the silent type and the approachable type of teacher. Malay ko kung kaninong pontio pilato galing ang mga iyon dahil hindi naman talaga siya ganon.