[ 03 ] hardly salvageable

00:00 |───────── 27:41

     WHEN FIRE MEETS GASOLINE the resultant inferno was something to fear. It burned her insides with relentless fervour, trapped within the scorched confines of her chest. Her experiences had been what shaped her into who she was now—twenty-two years of adept lying. She felt her lips stretch to the sides and eyes curve to mimic a reciprocal smile.

     Jinny stepped away from Octavia and towards the older boy—it was still hard to think of him as a man—he was always that cadet boy to her. She poked him in the chest with a finger, twisting it in the air with an exaggerated flourish. Bellamy continued to look at her expectantly and she thought she might take pleasure in what she was going to say next.

     "I remember you," her eyes stared deep into his. "The guy that got me arrested."

     Bellamy's face fell instantly and a flash of disappointment intruded the depths of his dark cinnamon eyes with the bitterness of undiluted coffee. Jinny's mouth twisted in a cruel sneer at his silence before walking away to pick up on her previous agenda, hearing Octavia start to question her brother in hushed tones. Seeing his face again ignited a series of heated emotions that only served to agitate her as she made her way towards Clarke.

     Wells was already telling the blonde about the broken comms when Jinny stopped next to them. "We're flying blind on our own," she said, flicking hair from her face. "And we don't know what to expect. Is there anything on your end?"

     Clarke blinked at her in mild surprise but like Wells, there was silent regard and recognition in her blue eyes. "All that matters right now is getting to Mount Weather," she informed before turning to the map in front of her and marking lines across it. "According to my calculations, this is where we landed and this is where we need to get to if we want to survive."

     Jinny crossed her arms and pressed her lips against a knuckle thoughtfully. "So we landed off course. We need those supplies."

     She turned to Wells for his input but the boy seemed to be preoccupied with another matter. "Where'd you learn to do that?" he asked quietly, eyes set on the navigation points laid across the map.