[ 30 ] leap faith

━━━━━━━━━━━

       LEAP FAITH

━━━━━━━━━━━

       "OH, MY GOD, SHIT—I'm gonna kill that asshole when I get my hands on him!" Jinny exclaimed while she examined the injury on Raven's side and found that the bullet was embedded deep inside her body. The girl was bleeding profusely even with both their efforts at placing pressure on the open wound. "Can you walk?" Jinny asked.

       "I think so, yeah," Raven grunted out with a nod and Jinny wrapped the girl's right arm around her shoulder. On the count of three, she hoisted Raven back up to her feet and bore the extra weight as the girl leaned heavily against her. Jinny insisted on going slow and steady, inching their way towards the front of the dropship where a crowd had gathered in the middle of camp. There was the unmistakable glint of blonde hair from the epicentre of the cluster. "Finn!" Raven cried when she spotted his return.

       "Raven?" the boy called, turning around to find her limping towards his direction. He immediately ran forwards to help. "What happened?"

       "Murphy shot her," Jinny said as Finn picked Raven up in his arms, causing the girl to cry out in pain as her side shifted.

       "Get her to the dropship!" Clarke told him, running up beside them, before turning to Jinny. "We need to leave—pack whatever's necessary and meet us in the dropship."

       "What the hell?" the older woman exclaimed angrily while grabbing her arm roughly. "You just got back and you're telling us to leave? Who gave you that right?"

       "There's an army of Grounders heading our way," Octavia explained, darting between them and placing a hand on Jinny's shoulder tentatively. "Lincoln told us to go east to the ocean for help. He has a friend there, we can tell her that he sent us. We'll be safe, no one else has to die."

       "Even if we manage to get past the scouts watching us, or miraculously have the Grounders lose track of us, what guarantee do we have that the ocean people will take us in?" Jinny questioned. "Not only that, how do you know that they won't kill us on sight? We know nothing about them or the terrain out there, we hardly have the manpower or firepower to protect ourselves in the wild."

       "Jin's right," Bellamy added. "Leaving here is a mistake."

       "The decision's been made," Clarke said.

       "Crowds make bad decisions," he insisted. "Just ask Murphy. Leaders do what they think is right."

       "I am," she responded firmly before moving away to the dropship. Jinny exchanged exasperated glances with Bellamy, both of them the only ones who thought that leaving the barricade of their camp was a bad idea. She hated the thought of the wide open plains, leaving them vulnerable to any sort of attack from every possible direction. Their bullets were scarce, their skills were lacking; how would they even begin to run away?

       "We're gonna die either way you look at it," Bellamy said.

       "Yeah." Jinny nodded her head with a sigh. "We are so gonna die."