[ 60 ] the declaration

━━━━━━━━━━━

       THE DECLARATION

━━━━━━━━━━━

       "I WILL KILL THAT SNAKE ONE DAY," Jinny growled as she stormed towards the Guard and picked up a rifle on the ground along with an extra jacket. She slipped it on slowly with a grimace, mindful of the wounds that still decorated her body, then picked up her pack. "And then, I'll shove her own poison down her throat."

       She turned around and marched off to the side of the mountain doors, into the dense woods that surrounded the area. "Hey!" David called after her. "Where are you going?!"

       "To get my boyfriend and friends back!" she yelled while throwing a hand up at the side.

       "Jinny, wait!" Clarke shouted, running to catch up to her furious pace. "Hold up, wait for us! At least tell us your plan!"

       "There is no plan, Clarke, there is only revenge served on an ice cold plate," she replied with a bitter edge in her voice.

       "That is a horrible plan," Monroe quipped as the others hurriedly followed after her.

       "Jinny, I'm sorry, but it's over," David told her. "We should go back and get reinforcements from camp. We won't give up on them but we can't rush in there without a proper plan of attack."

       She halted in her tracks and whirled around to face them. "Sergeant Miller, head back to camp and gather reinforcements. Task the engineers to build more bombs."

       "Yes, ma'am." He nodded his head, then waited expectantly for her to lead the way. When she merely stood there, he frowned. "Lieutenant Commander?"

       "Go, Sergeant," she said, waving her hand for emphasis. "I'll catch up to you." He looked at her doubtfully. "That's an order."

       "Jinny," Monroe started but the woman shook her head. She fell silent and looked towards the Chief Guard for help.

       "Everyone, move out," David finally said after some deliberation. The guards started to turn around and headed back towards the direction of Camp Jaha.

       Clarke grabbed Jinny's arm when she started to walk the other way. "What are you doing?" she whispered harshly.

       "I'm going to get them back, Clarke, so if you want to help me then shut up and move," Jinny told her, wrenching her arm free and jogging deeper into the thicket. She could hear Clarke run after her and they made their way through the foliage, following the direction of the mountain's map in their heads. Soon, they came towards the mine entrance that led into the Reaper tunnels. Jinny leaned against the wall of the opening with a hand pressed against her side as she breathed tiredly through the pain.

       Clarke panted slightly as she caught up to Jinny, standing by her side as she looked into the cold cavern. "Are you okay?" she breathed out in concern and the guard nodded her head. "Ready to go in?"

       "Let's find out," she replied before venturing inside. They ran through the twisting labyrinth of the mine, using the light from Jinny's rifle to illuminate the darkened pathways. Clarke had memorised as much of the tunnel design as she could, as well as taking from her episodic memory, and led them towards the intake doors.

       "It's near here," she said, before coming to a skidding halt as a shadowed figured emerged from a corner bend ahead of them.

       Jinny pointed her rifle in the air, only to come face to face with Octavia's sword. They gasped when they saw each other, immediately dropping their weapons and rushing forwards to embrace one another. "What the hell happened out there?" the girl asked.