[ 55 ] boom baby

━━━━━━━━━━━

       BOOM BABY

━━━━━━━━━━━

       THE ICE NATION WERE ASSHOLES the moment Jinny set her eyes on them as they entered through the gates of Tondc on their regal horses. The warriors wore the facial scars of their custom, a representation of their fierce ruthlessness and disregard for benevolence. The delegation consisted of five bodyguards and their proud war chieftain who bore their Queen's flag. When they spotted her, dressed in the clothes typical of a Sky Person, they scowled and spat at her feet.

       "Yeah, you wanna fight, Azgeda?!" she shouted and the chieftain immediately dismounted his horse menacingly. "You think you're so scary with your stupid fur coat? How many squirrels did you have to kill to make it, huh? Actually, you know what? Jok yu!"

       The Ice warrior unsheathed his sword and started to advance when Indra stepped in between them angrily. "Stay your blade!" she barked. "Fighting with Skaikru is the same as fighting a child."

       They both scowled at her, before the Ice Nation delegation walked away. Indra turned to Jinny who looked back at her with an innocent smile plastered across her face. Octavia walked over to join them, sporting an amused quirk on her lips. She'd been the one who taught Jinny everything she knew in Trigedasleng.

 She'd been the one who taught Jinny everything she knew in Trigedasleng

       "You think that's funny?" Indra questioned. "The last time Azgeda stepped foot here, we were at war with each other. Now, the twelve clans fight together. Remember this day; you may never see one like it again." She glanced towards them. "Neither of you have heard a word I said."

       "Sorry, but unless it's Bellamy wearing one of their outfits, I'm not interested in Azgeda," Jinny replied candidly.

       Octavia turned her eyes back to her mentor. "Bellamy left Lincoln in the tunnels two days ago, and he should be back—"

       "Lincoln is no longer your concern," Indra told her with little feeling. She turned her back on them and held out her hand to the weaponsmith. The weathered man passed her the sword he'd been sharpening on a whet stone and she examined it with experienced eyes.

       "Look," Octavia started. "I've done everything you've asked me to do, and I'll continue to do so, but what you're asking now is impossible."

       "I'm not asking," Indra told her, lowering the sword to her side and taking a step closer to the girl. "We're at war, and a warrior does not mourn those she's lost till after the battle is won."

       Jinny didn't know whether the words from the woman's mouth were out of good will or strict code, but it seemed like sound advice. Lincoln was beyond their reach now, wherever he was, and they had duties that bound them to their stations. Once, Jinny would have given the same advice to anyone that was under her jurisdiction but now, she wasn't too sure anymore. A large part of her wanted to tell Octavia to go and search the entire damn woods for Lincoln. Screw Indra and her tyrannical training.