[ 28 ] calm storm

━━━━━━━━━━━

       CALM STORM

━━━━━━━━━━━

       SHE FELT CONTENT, as she lied in Bellamy's arms with their limbs tangled together in bed. A hand curled around the back of her neck, his fingers tracing patterns into her hair. Jinny's head rested against his shoulder, her eyes closed as she breathed softly against his skin. He murmured into her ear, sweet reminiscence that made her smile despite herself.

       She used to dream about this when nights on the Ark felt like the chilly winter frost. Back in those early days of their spring youth, they had both been saplings—until the years molded them into tempered steel. Even when she noticed the attraction that grew between them, things had always been too complicated.

       His fingers lefts ghost trails along the bare skin of her shoulder, inciting her body to quiver under his touch. Her cold hands yearned to feel his warmth, to memorise the contours of his smooth muscles as they contracted underneath her. Bellamy stole her lips with unadulterated ardour that seared into her veins. He was primordial desire, Eros in his true form, consuming her in a maelstrom of fire and passion. Jinny pressed her body against his hungrily, to intertwine themselves as one, when a loud gasp resounded.

       "Oh, my God!" Octavia exclaimed when she opened the flap to Jinny's tent. They broke away to look at her wide-eyed expression of surprise before her face disappeared from view. "I did not see a thing. Nope, totally nothing. I'm just going to stand out here—casually being happy for the both of you."

       Jinny blinked and exchanged amused glances with Bellamy, both of them wearing identical smirks

       Jinny blinked and exchanged amused glances with Bellamy, both of them wearing identical smirks. Bellamy then called out to Octavia, "Is something wrong?"

       "Noo, nothing. Just that Clarke, Finn and Myles are missing," the girl informed. "They're the only ones who aren't back yet. We're heading out to look for them. But you know, it's cool if you don't—"

       "Hang on a minute!" Bellamy got up hastily and fumbled around for his clothes, stumbling about the tent as he did so. Jinny joined him in the scramble, pulling on her clothes as quickly as she could. They emerged from the tent looking completely tousled and Octavia smiled slyly at them.

       "Who do you mean by 'we'?" Jinny asked.

       "It's just Raven, Monty and me," Octavia said. "Unless—"

       "We're going too," Bellamy said as he strode forwards to the dropship. "Let's make this quick, I don't want to be out there this late. It's the perfect opportunity for a Grounder ambush."

       "Grounder ambush, he says, but we both know why he wants to get back early." Octavia nudged Jinny in the side cheekily and they both laughed when Bellamy rolled his eyes at her.