[ 47 ] abandon hope

━━━━━━━━━━━

       ABANDON HOPE

━━━━━━━━━━━

       BELLAMY GRABBED HER ARM before she could follow Abby and Kane into the station. She turned to look at him with a guarded expression, save for her lips that were drawn into a thin line. His eyebrows were furrowed tightly over his dark eyes as he looked down at her with blatant disbelief. He seemed almost betrayed by her words, as if he expected her to be on their side. His side.

       "Are you going to give him up?" he asked in a low voice so that the others couldn't overhear them. On the outside, they looked like they were sharing an intimate conversation as they always did.

       "No, but they will," she told him, cocking her head to the side. "If you want him to live, he needs to leave. Now."

       "I don't understand," he said with a shake of his head.

       Jinny glanced around quickly before pulling him closer so she could whisper into his ear. "Lexa didn't just cut Kane loose because she likes him, she's using him to get Finn. We need to get out of here."

       "Where would we go?" he asked, then paused in thought. "The dropship."

       Raven walked up to them just then and Jinny grabbed her arm, pulling her to the side quickly to give her the plan. She nodded in agreement and they spun around to walk into the station before separating in different directions. Jinny and Bellamy made their way to B corridor where they'd told Finn to be. A few of the exposed panels on the walls buzzed with intermittent sparks as they passed by, finally spotting Finn with Clarke along the way.

       Bellamy called out to them as they approached the pair. "You need to get out of here."

       "We'll put you in the dropship," Jinny said, grabbing Finn's wrist and hauling him away with her.

       "No!" Clarke protested. "You know this is the safest place for him right now."

       "They're turning on him," Bellamy responded. "We can protect him at the dropship until we figure this thing out. Grab your gear and meet us at Raven's gate in five. She's already working on cutting the power to the fence."

       "Okay, but nobody's coming with me," Finn told him.

       Bellamy stopped and turned around. "That isn't up for discussion."

       "I think you're missing the point of 'protecting you'," Jinny said with a raised eyebrow.

       "We are surrounded by Grounders," Clarke hissed.

       "If we split up, take the low ground, we'll make it through," Bellamy told her. "Then meet at the dropship."

       "There he is!" A voice suddenly interrupted them. They turned to find the man from Mecha Station that had spoken out against Finn in the crowd the day before. He was holding a heavy metal pipe in his hands as he advanced. The moment he raised it in the air, Bellamy lunged forwards and struck him in the abdomen with his rifle. Jinny kicked the pipe away, its loud clamour sharply filling the air. They looked up to the small group of people that had been behind the man as they took a step back in surprise.

       "Anyone else?!" Bellamy asked challengingly and they merely stared back. "Didn't think so."

       "Bellamy's right," Clarke breathed out. "We have to go." She grabbed Finn's arm and they ran towards the exit.

       "Out of the way!" Jinny barked at the others as she and Bellamy started after them.

━━━━━━━━━━━