[ 17 ] bones break

━━━━━━━━━━━

     BONES BREAK

━━━━━━━━━━━

     SHE WAS SENT TO DESTROY, the rain drops trailed down her skin and stung her eyes as if they were reprimanding her. Her body was a weapon crafted from the foundations of molten metal and cracked earth. Fear was a product in the eyes of her victims, a specialty that had been honed for the past seven years.

     "Talk, you son of a bitch," she said icily as she pressed the needle deeper into the base of the man's skull. The muscles in his back and arms were stretched taut as he gritted his teeth with unwavering silence.

     "Jin, maybe-" Bellamy started but she threw him a heated glare that made him stop. Miller watched with trepidation, fidgeting uneasily in the corner of the room.

     "I like silent types, you know?" she went on. "So much more satisfying to hear them scream."

     She jabbed the tips of her fingers into the man's side, a move aimed to bruise the internal organs, and the man cried out sharply. A newfound understanding broke through the surface of his previous tranquility; she was no stranger to pain.

━━━━━━━━━━━

     "How long are we supposed to wait?" Jasper whispered.

     "We'll find out," Finn replied.

     "Jasper, stop sweating so much, it's gross!" Jinny hissed next to the boy.

     "Excuse me, I never asked you to touch me," he turned his head in her direction.

     "Why are you lying so close to me?" she grumbled again.

     "Will you two be quiet?" Finn snapped.

     "Is this even going to work?" Monroe asked.

     "No, it won't," Bellamy lifted the top of the parachute and looked around. "There's no fog."

     One by one, they popped their heads out of the makeshift shelter that would have been a poor attempt at safety. Jinny sighed in relief, not wanting to find out whether Finn's idea would have actually worked or not. They stood up, quickly taking a glance around the woods to find that they were in the clear.

     "Maybe it was a false alarm?" Finn suggested.

     Their heads snapped to the side instantly when they saw movement from between the tree lines. The unmistakable shape of a man covered in thick furs darted away from them.

     "They're coming back," Bellamy said.

     "I think he's alone," Jasper whispered.

     "He doesn't seem to be concerned about us," Jinny took a step forward.

     "Now can we run?" Monroe asked hopefully.

     "I don't think he sees us." Bellamy had his eyes trained on the Grounder and the look on his face matched Jinny's. "I'm going after him."

     "Then what?" Finn asked. "Kill him?"

     "No," the man replied. "Catch him. Make him tell me where Octavia is, then kill him."

     "How do we know he's not leading us into another trap?" Jasper asked nervously.

     "Because we'll be the ones trapping him," Jinny responded.