[ 29 ] red royals

━━━━━━━━━━━

       RED ROYALS

━━━━━━━━━━━

       MORNING CAME WITH UNBIDDEN complications, a sort of prelude to their heavy tribulations. Jinny and Bellamy were discussing their recent situation in hushed voices when Octavia came running up to them. She had a disturbed frown on her face as her green eyes darted between their faces urgently. "I just heard Murphy has Jasper," she said in one breath.

       "Yeah." Bellamy nodded nonchalantly. "South foxhole done?"

       "What?" Octavia questioned sharply with disbelief. "Bellamy, my friend's in there with a killer."

       He leaned forwards to her and lowered his voice. "O, look around. No one's working. If the Grounders attack us right now, we're all dead."

       The younger girl scoffed at him before striding forwards to the dropship, yelling at the top of her lungs. "Murphy! Murphy, if you even touch Jasper, I swear to God, you're dead!"

       "I've been sending him death threats the entire night," Jinny told her. "He's not responding anymore."

       "Octavia, I got this," Bellamy said.

       "Really? Because it doesn't look like you're doing anything about it," she growled back.

       Raven called their names as she rounded the far side of the dropship, jogging towards them. "You were right," she said once she reached them. "There's a loose panel on the back. If I can pop it, we can get in through the floor."

       "Good," Bellamy appraised. "Do it."

       Octavia watched them with wide eyes before leaning in. "Sorry," she whispered quickly to her brother.

       Bellamy gave her a look that said he accepted her apology before she turned around to dart away to check on the south foxhole

       Bellamy gave her a look that said he accepted her apology before she turned around to dart away to check on the south foxhole. He lifted the walkie to his mouth, finger on the button to turn on the transmitter. "Murphy, I know you can hear me. All our ammo and food is in the middle level, you know that. You're leaving us vulnerable to an attack. I can't let that happen."

       "Yeah, well," Murphy replied. "In case you haven't noticed, you're not exactly in control right now."

       Jinny snatched the radio. "Control? Control?!" she shouted. "I have control! Control, I have it! I'll show you how much control I—"

       Bellamy took it back and shot her a glare, pausing for a beat before bringing the walkie back up. "Come on, Murphy," he tried to cajole. "You don't want to hurt Jasper. You want to hurt me."

       "Reasonable," Jinny muttered.

       "So what do you say?" he went on. "How about you trade him for me?"