[ 39 ] red hot

━━━━━━━━━━━

       RED HOT

━━━━━━━━━━━

       THE ARROW WAS NOT POISONED but the dehydration was killing her, causing a massive migraine to shoot through Jinny's skull. They had rested for a few hours during the night, and Bellamy was still carrying her which seemed like an act from God himself. She burrowed her face in the crook of his neck, shutting her eyes against the brutal rays of the sun. An hour, maybe two, passed until they finally broke out of the copse of trees surrounding Camp Jaha.

       "Open the gate!" She could hear Byrne shout. The electrical fence had been fully completed and now surrounded the entire perimeter of the station.

       "Securing their weapons!" Scanlan called, darting forwards to grab the guns off from them.

       "Hey, you okay to walk?" Bellamy murmured into her ear and she nodded. He gently placed her back down onto the ground just as Abby ran up to them from across the compound.

       "I know you," the doctor said, placing a hand against Mel's cheek. "Factory Station." The girl nodded her head in confirmation. "Where are the others?" Abby asked.

       "There are no others," Mel answered.

       "We found her a day from here," Bellamy said. "No survivors. Lots of supplies."

       "Get her to medical," Abby instructed a nearby guard, then nodded to the others. "You too."

       "Come on." Bellamy wrapped an arm around Jinny's shoulders and started to guide her towards the medical tent when he suddenly froze. She had barely turned her eyes away from his face when a mess of wavy blonde hair suddenly obscured her vision, arms wrapping around her neck fiercely. Jinny was stunned out of her wits, blinking in confusion at the awkward tangle she had suddenly found herself in.

       "That's not something you see everyday," Octavia remarked with a light laugh.

       "I'm so glad that you're all okay," Clarke sniffed beside her ear and Jinny let out a breath of disbelief

       "I'm so glad that you're all okay," Clarke sniffed beside her ear and Jinny let out a breath of disbelief. She briefly returned the hug before the girl pulled away to embrace Bellamy and Octavia in turns.

       "Clarke," Jinny started but stopped when she saw Raven hobbling towards them. She immediately limped forwards to meet her, throwing her arms around the girl's head in sheer relief to see that she was up. There was a brace around her left leg though, and she was using a walking stick, but she was fine.

       "Hey there, partner," Raven greeted her with a full blown grin.

       "Raven, my maven," Jinny laughed. "Who designed that thing, by the way? It looks hideous."

       "Right!" she exclaimed. "It was Wick! God, I'm so happy you're back! His designs are crap!"

       "How many are with you?" Bellamy asked Clarke.