[ bonus ] blue trips

━━━━━━━━━━━

BLUE TRIPS

━━━━━━━━━━━

       JINNY WOKE UP WITH A GROAN as a scream pierced through the air outside her tent

JINNY WOKE UP WITH A GROAN as a scream pierced through the air outside her tent. She threw her cover made of insulation fabric over her head and tried to block out the noise by pressing the heel of her palms over her ears. There were people shouting in gibberish, loud ugly sobbing and hysterical laughter coming from the delinquents outside.

"What the actual fuck is happening out there?" she growled to herself before peering over the top of her covers. She could see the silhouette of someone dancing in front of her tent.

Suddenly, a face popped in through the flap and she jumped with a cry falling from her lips. "I'm telling you, the tide of the moon is equivalent to the sum of chlorophyll in the sun!" Monty told her before pausing with epiphanic thought. "I can use the gravity of space to measure the vacuum of the ground!" With that, he ducked out and left.

Jinny threw her hands up in front of her face with absolute bewilderment. "What?!"

"Commander? Commander!" Miller's voice started to wail outside, his body falling onto the side of her tent and flailing his arms against the fabric. She looked at the shadow of his figure lying on top of her displaced wall with vague disgust. "My gun won't fire! Why won't it fire?" he cried. "I just wanted to shoot the tree! The tree was being mean to me!"

She shook her head with growing perplexity before grabbing her jacket and throwing it on. The moment she stepped out of her tent, she found the entire camp to be in chaos. All the delinquents were running around like lunatics, chasing imaginary butterflies and pretending that the sticks in their hands were magic banana boats or whatever. Some people were laughing at their own hands or sobbing up at the sky.

"Hey, Jin!" Raven called, running up to her and grabbing the woman's arms. She scrutinised her face closely by the fire light with narrowed eyes. "You look... lucid."

"I just woke up," Jinny replied grumpily. "Do you know what the hell happened here?"

The girl shrugged. "No clue, still trying to figure it out. Have you seen Bellamy or Clarke?"

"They went to check out some bunker," Jinny told her before spotting Miller running around with his arms thrown in the air. "I think I better check on our prisoner since Miller has kindly abandoned his post."

Raven turned to look at the boy as he fell face first into the dirt, causing the both of them to wince for his sake. "Yeah, okay, Finn and I are gonna continue finding the source of this madness."

"You do that," Jinny responded with a nod and they parted ways. She started towards the dropship when Monty emerged from it, spouting gibberish once again about the sun and moon. "Holy crap," she muttered, turning around and heading the other way to the back of the dropship instead. She gasped in surprise when a figure suddenly crashed into her hastily.