1

All that happened yesterday was like something that would happen in some strange science fiction film. Same with a lot of things I've heard in the news lately. My dad, Dante Blackburn, is all I have in my life, and we were just chilling out in the living room when we heard a strange noise.

I identified the noise as someone climbing up the fire escape of our apartment building.

My dad said it was unusual for someone to climb up the escape with all the other accesses there are at out building, so he went to check it out. He had his head outside the window, gazing out to see if there was anyone or anything. I was inside, watching him, and suddenly I heard some type of laser being shot.

"Whoa!" My dad and I yelled out at the same time.

"What was that?" I yelled.

"Sara, get in that closet and stay in there no matter what," My dad said with a very serious tone.

"But-"

"NOW."

I looked at him with certain worry, but I obeyed him and got inside the closet. I peaked out the little keyhole and saw two tall men in suits climb in through the window. The two men looked exactly alike, more than any pair of identical twins.

"You are the scientist who lives in this place," one of them said monotonely.

"We will escort you to a different place that is not this place," the other one said in the same monotonous voice.

And who the hell talks like that anyway?

"Leave, now!" My dad raised his voice.

"That is not a choice for we must take you from this place to another place."

My dad threw a punch at one of them, but failed miserably as the man in the suit barely even budged. Though my dad was standing with his back turned towards me, I could tell he was shocked. And so was I. What on earth was happening?

My dad threw more punches, but none of them made any damage. Then, one of the men grabbed my dad's wrist. "We will now leave to another place that is not this place."

WTF?

They struggled but managed to carry my dad outside. Before he was completely outside, he yelled out what would seem like random words to the two men (as if they could say anything about good use of grammar- hello, redundance), but I knew he was talking to me.

"Go to your uncle's Ramen shop!" My dad said. "Go as soon as you can! You'll be in good hands!"

And with that, the three of them were gone.

I stepped out of the closet, hardly beleiving what had just happened.

"What am I supposed to do with Ramen?" I said quietly. "What am I supposed to do if you're gone..."

****

I stand leaning on a wall, looking down, with rain falling on my hoodie. I know I'm supposed to go to my Uncle's Ramen shop, but I don't feel like going. I know my dad wouldn't have told me to go if it was going to be useless, but I just don't feel right. Last night was horrifyingly hard; I could barely sleep. And when I could sleep, I had nightmares.

This whole thing was a nightmare.

Almost as if it was instinct, I get off the wall and start walking. I know exactly where that little shop is and I decide I want to make this quick. When I get inside the shop, I ask for my uncle. He comes out and when he sees me, he doesn't seem so happy. Is it possible that he knows what happened?