23

"Guys," I say and cause the turtles to stop during our evening patrol.

"What is it?" Raph asks.

"I have this feeling..." I say. "We're not alone."

Mikey suspects of a squirrel nearby us and chases it. I close my eyes and try to figure out who it is.

"Karai," I say and point to my left, where she's standing with several Foot bots behind her, as well as Razhar, the mutant formerly known as Dogpound.

"Foot bots!" She orders. "Get them!"

Razhar attacks Mikey and the Foot Bots follow their superior mutant, whereas Karai faces Raph, Leonardo and me.

"Raph!" I yell. "You go help Mikey and Donnie!"

"Got it!" He replies and goes off.

Karai fights us two swiftly among the rooftop. Thanks to our training, Leonardo and I manage to keep her at bay.

"Karai!" Leonardo yells. "Listen! There's something I have to tell you about your father!"

Karai kicks him back and he nearly falls of the edge of the building, but manages to stay on foot.

"Your real father!" Leonardo says.

"All I care about is you begging for your life!" She yells.

I pull up behind Karai and pin her on a wall, watching my behavior now that I know she's Splinter's daughter. "I really think you should listen, Karai."

"You stay away from me!" She yells.

"Karai, we're serious!" I say. "If we weren't gonna tell you something important you'd have a black eye right about now!"

"I said stay away!" She tries to stab me and then pushes me back against a wall, when everything around us starts to shake.

"Earthquake?" Razhar says. "In New York?"

A water tank is about to fall on top of Karai. Leonardo quickly stands in her place and instead, the water tank falls on top of him.

"Leonardo!" I yell and rush over to the debris. I start removing bricks like crazy, ignoring everyone around me. Then, Donnie, Mikey and Raph help me out too. I pull Leonardo out of the rubble to find that all our enemies are gone.

"No!" He yells and nostalgically loks over the edge of the building. I walk up to him and lightly place my hand on his shoulder. He instantly reacts and looks at me softly.

"We'll tell her soon enough," I say. "And she'll believe us."

He places his hand on top of mine and squeezes gently making me remember when he confessed.

"I guess for now we retreat," Leonardo says.

At the lair we turn on the television on the news channel to find that they're also talking about the earthquakes. There have been many, but... in Manhattan? Donnie even traced the patterns of the epicenters and it's more geometrical rather than random. This is totally being planned.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Raph asks openly.

I get from Mikey that he's thinking about cats, so I nudge him.

"Come on, Mikey," I say. "Who has that type of tech?"

"Kitties with a screwdriver?"

Raphael smacks Mikey.

"Guys?" It's Leonardo standing at the doorway of Donnie's lab. "Could you come, please?"

The turtles exchange looks of doubt but follow their older brother and leader anyway.