7

Mikey wakes me up from my nap by knocking on my door. "Sara!" He doesn't sound like he's joking.

"What's up?"

"April just came back telling how she just got attacked!"

"What?!" I get angry at the mention of my non-biological sister being attacked and run out the door. "April?"

"Sara!"

"What happened?" I reach her and the turtles.

"I got attacked by this huge... huge pigeon!" April says fearfully.

Raphael bursts out laughing, to which we all stare disapprovingly.

"What, it's not a joke?" He asks. "I can't be the only one who finds that funny!"

"Anyway, we have to take it seriously if there's something out there trying to hurt my April!" Donnie says. April and I exchange looks.

"Our April?" Donnie corrects. He sighs. "April."

"This sounds serious," Mikey says. "I should probably get Splinter."

"Actually, there's no need for-" Leonardo is interrupted by Mikey using (wasting) a smoke bomb.

Splinter appears out of the smoke and April tells him everything, later leading to the turtles wanting to hunt down this pigeon.

"Well, we can attract the pigeon with bait," Donnie concludes.

"Bread crumbs?!" Mikey bloats out. We glare at him. "Pigeons like bread crumbs..." he says quietly.

"I meant April," Donnie says.

"Whaaa?" I ask him. "I thought you liked her!"

"Yeah!" April seconds.

"Relax, we've got your back," Donnie reassures.

"Then it is settled. But first," Splinter says, "I have something for you, Sara."

He walks me over to the training room and opens a cupboard, taking out an outfit. "This was once used by my wife, when she was just starting to mature as a woman. I have seen your development, and want to pass it on to you."

I take it and bow. "I will wear it with honor."

Splinter smiles. "Now go. My sons will need your help."

I smile back. "Hai, Sensei."

****

Already prepped up, I meet the turtles in the living room. They all stop (Raphael might drool) when they see me. My outfit is a catsuit with a skirt, dark green, all of it, with armoristic highlights colored light blue and brown. A black mask covers my face from my nose to my chin, and I place my Katana on my back.

"You look..." Leonardo begins.

"Like one of us," Mikey finishes.

"I-I was gonna say pretty but- th-that suits it perfectly," Leonardo finishes and Raphael rolls his eyes.

I lower my mask to show them my smile. "Thanks. Now let's go kick that pigeon's butt. You ready?"

"Hey, hey," Leonardo teases, "I'm the leader and I should say that. Are you ready?"

"Yeah!" We all say.

"Great, then let's go!"

We step outside of the lair. As a ninja, I'm doing the best parkour I can with the turtles while April does her job as bait (being completely dramatic about it). She yells the most obvious things to get anyone to notice her.