15

April stands in front of me with her fists in front of me. I face her with my mask pulled up only gazing at her with my eyes. 

She pulls out her beautifully sharp tessen, the one that Splinter would have given to his daughter if he hadn't lost her, and holds it in front of her, and I take out my Katana.

"You sure it's okay to have that difference in weapons?" I ask, concerned about my friend/sister.

"I fight aliens with a wooden Bo staff," Donnie informs.

"And that is the point, Sara," Splinter says. "A ninja must know how to use its tools effectively."

I nod and look back at April.

"Hajime!" Splinter gives the order.

April runs toward me and swings her tessen at me with speed. In that aspect she's improved a lot and puts up a pretty good fight, and gives me a hard time dodging. When it's hitting I don't mind, but this time she has something very sharp. I make a backflip with which I lightly strike her chin, and in that split second that she's startled, I grab her wrist. 

This time, I'm choosing a different method to win. Instead of beating her to the ground, I'm gonna disarm her. I grab her wrist and twist my arm around hers, then I squeeze a nerve with my hand and make her drop the tessen, and I let her go pointing my katana at her.

"Michelangelo," Splinter says. "Get in the fight."

"Khé," Mikey says surprised. "Alright."

He shyly takes his nunchucks and stands next to April when she picks up the tessen and we start fighting again. Mikey and April split up. She's in front of me and Mikey behind. I manage to stop April's hand with my own and wield the katana with my other hand to stop Mikey's nunchuck. Then I pull them both in and make them bump each other; afterwards I kick the  both down.

"Excellent," Splinter says. "However, I never said anything about teams. My sons, join them."

The six of us stand in a circle until Splinter gives the order once more. I first strike Donnie who's right beside me and we engage in a full fight, but neither one knocks down the other. I notice that he's sticking close to April so that she can see him, and manages to take down Mikey while April is fighting Leonardo. That leaves me with Raphael. We wrestle and Donnie tries to kick him down while we're struggling, but fails stupidly. Raphael gets angry and goes against Donnie.

It's now that I notice that April was taken down by Leonardo, because he comes with both katanas ready. Leonardo and I smirk at each other, because we love fighting each other. With our compatibility, a one on one fight is always a fun challenge.

Raphael charges at us screaming forcing Leonardo and I to split up and the three of us fight each other. Then, I glance over at Leonardo and our eyes meet  reaching a complete agreement. I grab Raphael's right arm and Leonardo grabs his left arm. We lift Raphael and flip him making him land flat on his shell.

"Yame!" Splinter orders and we line up in front of him. "Well done, everyone. I have seen a lot of progress. We will continue training tomorrow."

"Hai, Sensei!" We all answer and Splinter leaves. 

I walk ahead of Raphael and suddenly see that he's still in the Dojo with Donnie. I walk back to see what's up.

"If you wanna impress April, you better leave me out of it," Raphael says and walks back toward me.

I stare blankly at him.

"What is it, Doll?" He asks.

"You should be nicer to your brother," I say and turn around making my way to the couch.