27

"It's the only way it will work, Raph," Leonardo says.

"Dude," Raph replies, "I'm on board with the whole rescue Karai thing. I really am. But when we're gonna go to inside the Shredder's lair..."

"And why do I have to be the bait while Donnie sits in the Shellraiser?" Mikey asks while eating ramen.

"Someone's gotta be the get-away driver," Donnie replies.

"Look, guys," Leonardo says, "we're all equally important here."

"Disagreement on a mission is never a good way to begin," Master Splinter says. "Leonardo, may I speak with you?"

The leader in blue walks over to our Sensei, who looks at him with a certain disapproval.

"I know you are anxious to rescue Karai," Splinter begins, "but a mission involving the Shredder is doomed to fail."

"Sensei, with all due respect," Leonardo answers, "wouldn't it be worth it if we're going to save your own daughter?"

Splinter remains silent and examines his son for a couple of seconds. Then, he answers, "I will not risk your lives, nor my daughter's." And he walks away.

Leonardo returns to the living room where we're all gathered and going over our plan.

"So is that a no-go on Operation Rescue Karai?" Mikey asks.

"No," Leonardo replies. "Splinter's wrong, we have to do this."

"Then what are we waiting for?" I say. "Let's get outta here!"

"Aw, yeah!" Mikey yells. 

In the Shellraiser, we go over the plan one more time. 

"Donnie," Leoanrdo says, "you'll stay in the Shellraiser to move things from out here. Mikey will distract Shredder's henchmen with his mad skills. Sara, Raph and I will go in through the sewers."

"Can't we just do the tunnel thing?" Mikey asks.

"Well we're going in through the sewers," I say, "so we'd still be going in from below."

"I meant tunneling down from above!" Mikey says.

Raph and I exchange looks and glare at Mikey, who turns around in his chair and hides in his shell. Finally, Leonardo parks the Shellraiser outside Shredder's lair and we split up to get this operation going. Raph, Leonardo and I head to the nearest manhole and get in through there. We swim back up, where we know the way to the dungeons is.

I see two Foot Bots guarding the entrance to the dungeons from inside the sewer. I quietly take out my bow and arrow while Leonardo climbs up. Once he's above the soldiers, he gives me the signal that I can shoot whenever I want.

I aim accurately at one of the Foot Bot's head, and fire the arrow. The elctric shock shuts down its system and it distracts the other bot, allowing Leonardo to fall on top of it slicing it in half with his Katana, while Raph dismantles the already disabled bot.

"This way," Leoanrdo starts running. Raphael and I follow close behind him. Strangely enough we don't encounter any more Foot Bots or any of Shredder's henchmen either. So far, so good, I guess.

Raphael kicks down a door. "Is this it?"

"I dunno," I say. "Karai?"

"Karai!" Leoanrdo says. "It's us."

"Leo?" Karai's voice comes from inside one of the cells. "Took you long enough!"

Leonardo runs up to the door of the cell. "We were just waiting for you to break out on your own."