10

It's been somewhat tense, but things have been clearing up.

Until tonight.

Here we are on our evening patrol, fighting off the Kraang like the badasses we are, when Leonardo begins to act strange.

"I'll save you, Raph!" He jumps in front of Raphael even though the red-masked turtle clearly needs no help whatsoever.

"Don't worry, Mikey!" Leonardo yells out as if he wanted to be noticed. "I'm on my way to help you!"

"Eh, thanks, Leo, but," Mikey says. "I don't need help."

"Donnie, behind you!" Leonardo blurts out.

Donnie looks, only to find nothing. Leonardo takes out most of the Foot Clan ninjas, and then it comes down to me. My katana clashes with his.

"Oh, no you don't," I scoff and instead grab one of his katanas, kicking the Kraang's ass.

"What's going on?" I ask him suspiciously once we're out of Kraang.

"Nothing, I just wanna help you out," he nervously sneaks a glance at someplace up top. I turn around, and find the last thing I wanted to see.

Karai.

My eyes narrow into a vicious glare, which she returns with a wink (although I'm not sure if she was winking at me or Leonardo). 

I look back at the leader in blue. "I get it now."

Raphael pops up behind me. "What the hell, Leo? Quit trying to play hero, you look stupid!"

"And sound stupid, too," Mikey adds. "But if you were trying to impress us, it totally worked!!"

"Look, guys, will you calm down?" Leonardo says. "What's wrong with wanting to help you guys out?"

Raphael glares. "Did you see anything?"

"No," Leonardo says bluntly.

"Turtles first, right?" Raphael says.

"Turtles first."

Mikey and Donnie skip ahead, while Raphael stops Leonardo.

"It was that girl, wasn't it?"

"No," Leonardo denies.

"You can't keep it hidden from them anymore," Raphael says, "and you can't make us look like whimps. We've been through this."

"The point is," I say, "you're taking too many risks for this girl. Keep it lower, alright?"

"But, Sara, she's-"

"Alright?!"

Leonardo sighs. "You sound like me." Then he walks away.

Raphael and I exchange looks and sigh.

"Hey?" Raphael says.

"What is it?" 

"You looked hot when you didn't let Leo help you," he says. "Like, really hot."

I look away, blushing. "Thanks, Raph."

He smirks and pecks my cheek sweetly. "You're welcome, Doll. Now let's go back to the lair before Leo starts drooling again."

I follow after him, taking a look back at the building. I see Karai, whose eyes are directly on mine. I glare at her, and then walk away.

****

I'm walking over to the Dojo so that I can sharpen my katana, which has gone numb after some time without maintenance, and realize there are two turtles who are already in there fighting each other.