18

I was training in the Dojo with Master Splinter to perfection my body combat skills, and now that that's over, I go to the living room and find that Mikey is sitting in front of the television, with Raph, Donnie and Leonardo standing behind him. Raph looks at me and rolls his eyes pointing at Mikey.

I chuckle and approach them, when I see what they're watching. It's a crappy anime show about super mecha force or something like that.

"What the shell is this nonsense?" I ask. 

"You like it?" Mikey says happily. "I found all these tapes in the dumpster!"

"Dude, this stuff is awful!" Leonardo says. "And you guys complained about Space Heroes."

"I could never watch a show this bad!" Raphael states.

Ten minutes later, all of them are drooling in front of the TV and yapping about how good the plot is. Even the characters, for example the geeky one is in love with the girl and the turtles tease Donnie.

"That is so you and April!" Mikey says.

"No, it is not!" Donnie replies.

I sigh and sit down next to them. "You guys are so childish. Honestly, I think Space Heroes was much better."

All of them turn around and look at me, particularly Leonardo who gets a cute, cozy smile on his face. "R-really? You liked my favorite show better?"

"Yeah," I reply.

He keeps his cute little smile when Donnie gets up.

"Well," Donnie says. "I'll be in my lab."

I can feel with my telepathy, which I can now use more at will but still fails once in a while, that he's still really upset about April not being our friend anymore. And, well, April is like a sister to me. I'm very upset too.

"I should go talk to him," I get up and when I do, my hand gently and accidentally brushes Leonardo's. In a split second, his eyes widen and he smiles discreetly. I decide to avoid it though, and head with Donnie to his lab.

"You think he'll be fine?" Raph asks.

"Who knows?" I say. "It's worth a try, though."

I open the door to his lab gently.

"Frozen?!" He yells at a failed experiment. "Darn it... another batch lost."

"What are you doing there?" I ask him.

He sighs and looks at me. "An antidote."

I walk over at him. "For the mutagen?" I spot his mutated friend, Timothy, who later turned himself into a mutant on purpose hoping he would be similar to the turtles. "Hey, Tim."

"Yeah," Donnie replies. "I'm gonna find the cure, and win April back."

I smile gently at him. "Don't worry, Donnie. We'll solve this and April will be back."

"Yeah, you're right," he says. 

We leave the lab and find that the turtles are already getting set up.

"You ready to go training?" Leonardo asks.

"Yeah," I reply. "You comin' Donnie?"

"Sure," he replies. "I'll work on that later."

We go out freely to warm up by jumping form roof to roof. For the first time in a while, I feel free. Mikey wanders off, but when I try to get him back Raph stops me.

"Just follow Leo's lead," he says.

Oh, they got something planned for Mikey. I can't wait to find out what it is."