29

Donnie throws his slice of pizza. "I can't even eat!"

Mikey catches it. "Me too." But instead, he gobbles up the pizza.

After coming back from Dimension X, we've had a matter of hours to think of a way to stop the Kraang invasion. My dad is finally back on Earth; right now he's with April's father in their apartment.

Which makes me realize... I haven't been to my own apartment in over a year.

"You have a right to be concerned," Master Splinter says. "The Kraang invasion is imminent. What plans have you come up with to stop it?"

Donnie shows us a white board with a design accurately drawn on it. "I present to you the Turtle Mech- designed for five pilots and gyaranteed to stop a Kraang army."

"But that thing's not ready yet," Leonardo protests. "It might damage New York more than anything."

"But what other weapon do we use?" I ask Leonardo.

"We need to establish a second base," he replies. "Outside the city."

"There's no time for that, Leo," Donnie gets up from his chair. "The Turtle Mech is solid. If I were leader-"

"But you're not," Leonardo says firmly. "I am."

"Oh, snap!" Mikey teases.

"Enough!" Master Splinter orders his two sons. "We should be preparing ourselves, not fighting each other."

Leonardo sighs.

"Leo," Donnie says, "the Turtle Mech is the only answer. Be reasonable!"

"I am being reasonable!" Leonardo replies as we walk out to the living room. "We need a second base, Donnie. Period."

"Guys!" April yells running in, with someone else. "Help us out!"

"April!" Splinter scolds. "You brought a stranger back to our lair?"

"I had no choice," April says. "And Irma here is really good at keeping secrets."

The girl, Irma, searches for her glasses on the ground and when she grabs them she gets back up, and flinches when she sees us. She has short black hair, glasses, and goth-geeky clothing.

"T-turtles?!"

"Miss," Leonardo says politely, "I know we look different and all but I promise we will not hurt you."

Irma keeps flinching, as if it were an uncontrolled tick. She starts making me uncomfortable, when her neck becomes a metal beam that actually starts lifting her head.

"Turtles! Turtles! Turtles!"

She begins to transform revealing an entire robot mechanism. And when the middle is transformed, it reveals a pink laughing alien.

"Irma's a-"

"Kraang!" I yell, and am forced to push April out of the way when the Kraang, who closely resembles Kraang Prime, shoots a deadly laser.

"Bow down to the genius of Kraang Subprime!" It says, and laughs histerically. "The greatest Kraang spy in all of Dimension X!"

Leonardo steps in front of me with his katanas pulled out.

"The location of the lair was the final component," Kraang Subprime continues, "to launch full-scale invasion!"

Suddenly, one of the same triangular Kraang portals we've been dealing with starts to open.

"This can't be happening..." Mikey says worriedly.

Kraang droids come from the portal into our lair.