31

It's us against it. It's now or never. With fury in our eyes, we prepare ourselves for what's to come.

"You guys ready?" I say.

"Aw, yeah!" Casey puts on his mask. "Casey Jones was born ready!"

"Then let's do this!" Leonardo says, holding up the cloth and window cleaner in his hands. Donnie has a mop and a bucket, Mikey and Raph have dusters, my dad has a vaccum cleaner, April has some sponges and I have a broom.

"Have no mercy!" I yell. I run up to the bathroom to start sweeping from there, and everyone does their thing with the tools they have (Donnie even uses the mop like his staff, for example).

It's amazing how this place can have so much dust! But then again it has been left alone for a long while so what the heck.

"So, Sara," April comes into the bathroom with Casey and starts scrubbing the walls. "We never had a real chance to talk about you and Leo."

Casey coos and gets in the tub. "Well how about you tell me while you clean?"

"Very funny, Jones," April says. "Now get up and help."

"Will do, mon cherry."

"Mon chérie," Donnie corrects from outside.

"Anyway, tell me!" April says.

"Well you know how we kissed after the whole earthquake thing?" I begin and sweep at the same time. "After that we had little moments together. It started with hand holding and then when we escalated into kissing more. But that happened in months."

"And when did he pop the question?"

"After he woke up and we were alone in the living room," I blush.

"Aww!" April says, when we hear Mikey screaming and falling down the stairs dragging Raph with him. We rush down the stairs to see if they're okay.

"Mikey!" My dad says sadly. "I just vaccumed there!"

"Sorry!" Mikey gets up and stops looking down at the ground. "Hey, check it out!"

I look. "A trap door?"

"I didn't even know we had a basement," April says.

"What do you think's down there?" Leonardo asks while taking my hand.

"It's probably worth a check," I say.

"Alright then I'm going in," Leonardo opens the door. He grunts discreetly at the injury of his leg but keeps moving. He goes in first and I go right behind him to be followed by the rest.

Inside the basement it's dark and it snells like it's been abandoned for years. I pull out a little flashlight to give us a minimum amount of light, and in front of us we see it.

"It's a ship..." I say.

The jaw-dropping sight of an alien ship inside, obviously Kraang, calls us all to go near it. Raph forces the door open and inside the ship has electricity, but it's still empty.

In the middle, there is a cilindrical structure with something inside. I go up to it and look closely.

"There's a woman here..." I say. Then, the canaster starts to unfreeze and the woman comes out. She struggles to stand, and then looks at us. She obviously freaks out when she sees the turtles.

"Miss!" Leonardo tries to calm her down. "We aren't going to hurt you!"

"Mom?!" April blurts out, surprised.

All of us in the ship fall silent and we stand aside so that April and the woman can see each other. The woman, blonde with April's blue eyes, approaches April and nearly starts sobbing. "April?"