Chapter 3 (Edited)

We all watched as he made his way over to us. I took in his features. His dark brown hair was curled to the side and fell in front of his face. His eyes were a light brown and his style didn't even seem to change one bit. He had on a white t-shirt that showed his muscles along with his tattoos. He had a piercing on his ear which was a black stud earring.

Godric was my childhood friend and the only friend who knew everything about me and my brothers. We planned to start our own business one day but then he just vanished without a word or trace.

"Surprise!" he smiled as he stood in front of me. I stood there not knowing how to respond.

He opened his mouth to say something and was cut off by Henry's voice that came out of the walkie-talkie "Sky! We have a problem. Franky is now in the classroom with Darren and he's armed. It's only him. All his guys are down."

I started running back to the classroom with the guys behind me. We all barged into the classroom and Franky had his left arm wrapped around Darren's neck while the right hand was aiming a pistol at his head.

"Put your weapons down or the kid dies," Franky spat across the room.

I looked around to see all the students and Ms. Gena in the back of the classroom. I turned back to Franky and then let out a sigh. I slowly lowered my gun to the ground and the guys followed along.

Franky smirks at his success and then waved the gun toward us. "Kick it to me."

Since his gun was off Darren, I took the opportunity to take my pistol out and pull the trigger along when he pulled his trigger. The gunshot was covered by screams that came from some of the students. Franky slowly dropped to the floor and the classroom was filled with silence from the shocked students. I called Henry in and told him what happened. I was thanked by Darren for saving his life and by Ms. Gena. She gave me a huge hug and also shed some tears.

Henry's men came in moments later and took Darren to who knows where and also took Franky's lifeless body away. I looked for where his bulleted landed. Turns out, he shot the wall next to me missing me by 1 foot.

My brothers did a little celebration cheer at our success in the mission as we were packing up our stuff. James walked up to me and gave me a smirk. "Still got it in you," he said wiggling his eyebrows.

"Ha. Of course, I do," I grinned.

"Hey," I hear a soft voice behind me. I turned around to see Godric with a smile. I forgot he was back. To be honest, you would too if the only person you trusted and were best friends with was gone for almost 12 years now.

"Why did you come back?" I asked bluntly, causing his smile to fade. The room got quiet all of a sudden as my tone changed. Godric stands there in complete shock.

What?! Did he honestly expect me to just be happy and jump into his arms? He left me for 12 years. After my parents died, he left and I had no one except my brothers. Did it never occur to him that he could've called or sent a text?

I delivered him a punch to the face causing him to stumble back a little. "I probably deserve that," he groaned in pain as he rubbed his nose.

I started to disarm myself and put everything back in the bag. "Come on! You can't be mad at me," he spoke trying to reason with me.

I put on my plaid shirt and turned to him. "You left me for 12 fucking years. You never called or tried to contact me. Did you expect me to leap into your arms?" I spat in disbelief.

His eyes darkened and I could see that he tensed up. "I have been through hell these past 12 years and I'm even lucky to be alive right now," he shouted.