Chapter 40 (Edited)

Waking up to silence in your own comfy bed is probably the best thing that can happen. Well, that and the smell of bacon. I was starving and my body ached a little. I looked over at the clock to see it was almost 11 o'clock in the morning. My eyes shot open and I ran out of bed.

"Crap. The President was going to be here any minute," I mentally cursed at myself.

I grabbed some high-waisted jeans, a faded orange shirt, a blue bra, and undies then process to run into the bathroom. I quickly brushed my teeth and tied up my hair before showering. I hopped in the shower and scrubbed my body with ocean breeze body wash then rinsed my skin off quickly.

I turned the shower off and wrapped myself in the fluffy towel. I quickly dried my skin and threw on my clothes. I ran into my bedroom and applied some light makeup and combed my hair. I slipped into my cheetah flats and looked at my appearance in the full-length mirror. Once I was satisfied with my appearance, I grabbed my phone and ran downstairs.

I followed the sound of deep voices which led me into the living room. I saw some of the guys dressed up and ready. "Look who made it," Carter smirked, causing me to roll my eyes.

"I overslept and my body still aches," I mumbled. I scanned the room and saw James and Gabe were missing.

"Where's James and Gabe?" I yelled over their conversations. They shrugged and returned to talking. Sometimes I think they don't give a fuck about important things. I let out a groan and pulled out my phone. I dialed James and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?" his tired voice came through the phone. This idiot was still sleeping.

"You need to get up now!" I spoke on the phone.

"Ohh, it's you. I'm tired. I'll get up in a few," his voice drifted off to sleep.

"NO. You -" I was cut off by the dial tone. My eyes widened. Normally I don't care how long they slept but today was not the day. The President was coming over and we were not going to mess this up.

"This fucker!" I mumbled while marching up the stairs. "He's so dead," I heard one of the guys say.

I walked down the hall and stopped once I was in front of James' door. I knocked but no answer was given so I knocked again. Still no answer. I slammed open the door and I watched as his figure sat up with speed.

His face was filled with alertness until he saw me. "James, what is today?" I asked, leaning against the doorframe. He stared at me with confusion.

"The 25th?" he asked and I nodded. "Who's coming over today?" I asked in a serious tone.

He shrugged his shoulders and laid back down. "THE PRESIDENT IS COMING OVER JAMES. NOW GET YOUR ASS UP AND GET DRESSED!" I yelled.

"Oh shit," he cursed while jumping out of bed. He ran into the bathroom and I heard the water turn on. I closed his door and headed to Gabe's room.

I knocked on his door and after a second or so, the door opened. Gabe was dressed in a red and blue button-up shirt and jeans. Casual yet official. "Thank God you're dressed. The President will be here any minute," I sighed. (Pic of Gabe and his outfit)

 (Pic of Gabe and his outfit)