Chapter 29 (Edited)

For this escape, I was not the one leading the way. Instead, Lucifer had everything in order. I packed a duffle bag that held some guns, water, and money just in case we ended up stranded. Lucifer had an escape plan but wouldn't tell me anything except "Stay close to me" and that's about it. He walked to the window and then looked at me.

"I can't teleport or fly until we get off this island. Technically we need to be on the water for me to teleport because the force field is only on the island," he informed me while hopping over the window. I looked at him in shock. "You can't jump! It's like 3 stories up!"

"Princess, it's impossible for me to get hurt. I could fall 60 feet face to the ground and all I feel is a pinch. I'm going to jump then you're going to throw the duffle bag and then jump. Got it?" he asked, looking down at me. I shook my head in disagreement, "What if I break my leg or something?"

He looked at me and hopped back over into the room and started walking to me. His hand then cupped my face and I felt my stomach tingle.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you. I promise," he whispered and kissed my forehead.

I nodded and he dragged me to the window. He hopped over again and I watched as he jumped. This dude landed on his feet like it was nothing. I dropped the duffle bag and he caught it and then placed it on the ground next to him.

He then waved at me and I hopped over the window. I looked down and sigh. The things I do for people. I closed my eyes, getting ready to jump.

"Wait why the fuck am I closing my eyes. This isn't bungee jumping Sky," I mentally smacked myself and opened my eyes. I felt a push and I mentally screamed as I fell trying not to alert the invaders. I felt a gush of air hit my body as I fell then it stopped. I looked up to see Lucifer holding me with a smile on his face.

He placed me down gently and grabbed the duffle bag. I punched him in the arm and he looked at me puzzled. "That's for pushing me," I glared at him. He rolled his eyes, "You were taking too long."

We walked quietly around the house as the invaders kept running around. "Do you have a boat?" Lucifer whispered as we hid behind a bush.

"Yeah, but it's on the other side of the island. It would normally take us about an hour to get there but since they're looking for me and now you, it would take about an hour and a half."

He looked around and then back at me then nodded. "Tell me which way and stay next to me at all times," he mumbled and I nodded.

I pointed to which side of the island we needed to head to and we started to jog our way across. It was a constant pattern. Jog, stop, look around, then jog again. Once in a while, we had to take out a few people but nothing too bad or loud.

We finally reached the dock with the boats and there were more invaders than I have ever seen since the beginning of jogging here. There were approximately 30 of these guys roaming around all armed and ready to fire. "What are we going to do?" I panicked.

Lucifer held me down and shook me so I would snap out of it. Normally I could take all 30 of them but the force field would limit my powers so it could block them anytime.

"We're going to get off this island. I promise you that," he said cupping my cheeks. I nodded and gave him a questioning look. "How are we getting past them?"

The corner of his lip twitched up. "Who said we need to get past them? Sky my dear, we're going to walk in front of them."

"But -"

"I didn't lose all my powers, you know. I still got the rest of my powers," he stood up and held his hand out to me. "Do you trust me?"

I looked at him and smacked his arm. "This isn't an Aladdin Disney movie, Lucifer," I mumbled. He snatched my hand and pulled me up. "Just stay behind me no matter what."