Chapter 16 (Edited)

I sipped on my Shandy and started to roam around the house once again. I notice everyone was now wearing neon paint which looked pretty cool, to be honest. Hmm, maybe I should get something painted on me. I turned the corner of the living room only to be snatched aside and backed up against a wall.

"Jayson, what are -" I stopped once I realized it wasn't him. I was about to scream but his hand covered my mouth and a smirk came to his face. I looked around to see if anyone was acknowledging what was happening but they didn't. It was a black light party which made things harder to see. I looked at him to see his eyes were glowing with hazel in them.

"I'm going to remove my hand. If you make any type of move or yell, I will end you without hesitation," he growled so I could only hear. I slowly nodded and he removed his hand. I took the chance to stand up straight but he pushed me back against the wall and placed his hands on both sides so I was trapped in-between. "Here me out," he spat.

I looked and let out a sarcastic laugh. "You want me to hear you out when you're trying to kill me?" I saw him tense up but then relaxed. "I'm making an effort not to kill you right now. I'm giving you 3 days max to join me. You either join me and help me kill Lucifer or I kill you and take your powers to kill Lucifer."

I looked at him as I tried to take in everything he had just said. "Godric, why are you doing this to me?" I sighed. He looked down. "Well for starters, I don't want to kill you but if I have to I will. Number two is that I can't get rid of Lucifer without you. Only you and I could do it with our powers combined. I know how cliché that sounds but it is the truth."

I honestly didn't want to help him. I didn't want to help anyone. "What if I said 'no' right now?" I wondered if he would kill me now. For a second it looked like he frowned but it was covered up with a smile. "That's why I'm giving you 3 days to think about it. If you disagree then I'll find you but if you agree then we'll plan from there on out."

"How can I even trust that if I do agree to help you, you wouldn't kill me."

He looked as if he was thinking about the answer. An idea hit him and he looked into my eyes. "Ask me again. If my eyes change then I'm lying. If not then it was the truth."

I looked at him with a 'Are you serious?' look. I looked at his eyes and asked the question, "Will you kill me if I join you?" I started and his eyes never changed. He moved back and I looked at him. "What if you're lying? I want to ask another question," I demanded. He looked at me for a few then came close to my face. I thought of questions to ask him. "Were you going to kill me on the same day we reunited?" he tensed up and replied, "No," his eyes changed from hazel to red.

"You really wanted to kill me!" I shouted and looked around to see if anyone heard me but they didn't hear me over the music. I turned back to him and he let out a sigh. His cold minty breath hit me. "Yes I wanted to kill you," he spoke softly and his eyes changed back to hazel. I thought of another question while ignoring his answer. "Were you at the Ballroom event?" I asked but his eyes stayed hazel.

"I had to," he responded.

"So you -"

"Yes. I saw everything that happened and I would gladly tell you that when you left, Lucifer got his ass kicked by James then Gabe snapped his neck," he said referring to the time Lucifer broke the necklace. I looked down as the painful memory hit me again. "Don't you just want to kill him for that," Godric whispered in my ears softly.

"Yes," I growled. Wait, what am I saying? "No," I said looking up. "Don't try to convince me," I said, pushing him away from me. I walked around the corner and stormed through the living room. I was then pulled back into someone's chest.