Chapter 39 (Edited)

As soon as we all got back to the safe house, we showered and got dressed preparing to head home. The guys eventually found out Lucifer was leaving. The cheers died down, the laughers faded, and every ounce of joy was gone at the moment. The guys took in Lucifer as one of their own no matter how much of an asshole he can be. They were all downstairs getting ready to leave for the airport and Lucifer was having a last-guy bond with them. Apparently, when he said he was leaving, he meant leaving as in leaving in two days or so. I had no idea what to feel. I've done the long-distance relationship before but that didn't even exist with Lucifer. It would have been easier to let him go if I didn't have such strong feelings for him.

I stared up at the ceiling as I lay on my bed lost in time and space. Tomorrow I meet the President and Percy gets to go home. About damn time if you ask me. He would be cool to hang around and all but he can be a much bigger ass and he doesn't fit in with us. Man was I going to feel like crap later on.

"Sky, we're heading out," James' voice came through my room from the doorway. I hummed in response and sat up. I slowly got up and headed to the door. I looked up to see James with a sad face. It was full of pity for me. I hate when people feel pity for me. "I'm so-"

"You did nothing wrong. Let's just go," I mumbled and started to walk down the stairs. I heard his footsteps coming closer to me. "Wait," he called out and turned me around.

"Yeah?" I replied in a weak voice.

He frowned a bit and sighed. "Lucifer is driving with Randy," he mumbled.

I felt my heart drop. Why would he drive with Randy? We only have a few days left and he decides that we shouldn't ride together?! "Okay," I roughly replied and turned around. "You have your car right?"

"Yeah," he replied, walking behind me.

I opened the front door and walked to my car. "I'm driving alone. See you at the airport," I mumbled loud enough for him to hear. I heard the door shut behind me along with a lock. I watched as the guys were waiting in their car. We were all leaving as a pack.

I opened the door and threw my phone inside which landed on the passenger seat. I slid into my car which was in front of everyone then started it. I buckled my seatbelt and pulled out of the driveway then drove onto the highway with the guys following behind me.

I drove in silence. Nothing but my thoughts.

We finally reached the airport and I parked the car in our garage and headed towards our private plane.

"Ma'am," the two Pilots and the flight attendants greeted. "Captains and ladies," I greeted back before stepping into the plane. I walked all the way down to the back of the plane and opened the tinted glass door. I shut it behind me and locked it. I placed my phone on airplane mode and buckled myself in.

I watched as the guys loaded into the plane. Some took a place on the couch while others took a seat. I watched as Lucifer walked in and looked around. He walked towards the door and raised a hand to knock. I cracked a small smile getting ready to open the door for him. I stood up and walked towards the door. His hand moved forward but stopped midway before hitting the glass door.

I stopped in my tracks and stared at him. He slowly placed his hand down and huff not long before turning around and walking back to the guys. I watched in hurt and felt tears escaping from my eyes.

If you truly loved someone, you would turn back around and spend every second with that person. You wouldn't try to avoid them or think about anything twice with them. You would do anything for that person.

"Turn around," I mumbled as I watched his figure through the glass.

He did exactly what would kill me inside.