Chapter 11 (Edited)

"I hate these events," James mumbled as I went through the dresses on the rack. Some of the guys were scattered around in the mall searching for something to wear at the event.

"What about this dress?" Ethan asked holding up a 3 quarter dress.

I rolled my eyes, "It's a ball, not a strip club."

"We could make it a strip club," he said, wiggling his eyebrows. I made a disgusted face which caused Ethan and James to laugh.

"You guys are ridiculous."

"Why don't you call Jayson up? He knows what you like," James suggested.

"Oh, my god. Your smart genes came in," I said in a girly voice while pulling out my phone.

"Shut up," he scoffed.

I dialed Jayson's number and waited for him to pick me up. Jayson was our only close friend between in and out of the organization. He also happens to be one of the youngest leaders of the organization. He's pretty chilled about everything and offered me a place with him when my parents were gone but the state overruled it.

"Well, look who decided to call," his voice came across the phone in amazement.

"Yeah, yeah. Just get your butt down to the dress shop. I need a dress for the ball," I pouted.

He chuckled, "Ask James and Ethan."

"Jay," I sighed, "Ethan picked out a slutty dress and James is well no help."

"Hey!" I heard them both yell simultaneously in the background.

"That bad huh? Well, I'll be there in 15. You owe me a dance tonight though."

"Ugh, fine," I scoffed as I hated the idea of dancing itself. We said our goodbyes and hung up.

"Can you feel that?" Ethan's voice cracked as he bend over.

I ran to him so he wouldn't fall. "What happens?" I panicked.

He placed his hand on his heart. "Your comment hurt my heart."

I rolled my eyes and pushed him back causing him to fall. He and James both burst out laughing while I sent death stares to him. "You guys are despicable," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Awe don't be like that. You know it was pretty funny." James laughed, clutching his stomach.

"Idiot. Next time I'll shoot you myself," I mumbled while rolling my eyes at Ethan who grinned.

I spent the next few minutes roaming around the store. All of a sudden I was blinded.

"Guess who?" the familiar voice said.

"Jay!" I squealed as I felt his hands covering my eyes.

He moved his hands from my eyes and I turned around to tackle him with a hug. He picked me up and spun me around. "You've grown so much since the last time I saw you," he said, putting me down. "Except in height. You're still short," he teased.

"And you're still a bully. I guess some things really don't change," I smirked.

I took in his features. Black curly hair with some new tattoos and he was now a little more buff than I remembered. His skin was a light soft tan which complimented his blue eyes.

"Touché. So for starters, you're on the crappy side of the store," he said pointing to the short dresses. Before I could say anything, he threw me over his shoulders and carried me to the far end of the store.

My eyes light up. "Oh..my...gosh!" I said jumping out of Jay's arms. "These dresses are... wow," was all I could get out. I ran my hand through the dresses feeling all the different fabrics.