Chapter 23 (Edited)

*************************

I was debating whether to make this into 1 chapter or 2. I came to the conclusion to make it into 1 chapter since everything would go together. As you can see, it's a very longggggg chapter so enjoy you weirdos, and have a great day. 

*************************

The smell of the ocean breeze hit my nose and I couldn't help but smile. I slowly opened my eyes to see the ocean in front of me. I then looked up to see the night sky full of stars. There were more stars than I have ever seen in my entire life. "Wow," was all I could manage to say as they twinkled.

"Wait how did I-" I looked around to see I was being carried bridal style. I looked down to see that the person and I were levitating 10 feet off a cliff. I started to panic and screamed, clinging to the person who was holding me.

I heard a chuckle. "Lucifer! What the hell?! This is not how to wake someone up and what are we doing here? Why are you -" I was then cut off by his grip losing. "Don't you dare," I demanded while wrapping my arms around his neck tight but making sure I wasn't choking him?

"It was the only way to get you to be quiet," he laughed and pulled me up in his arms. I rolled my eyes and adjusted myself in his arms. "Next time try, 'shut up Sky and I'll explain'."

"Right. Sorry," he apologized. I waited for an explanation while I took in the view but there wasn't any.

He then carried us back to the edge of the cliff. My face turned into 'awe' as we got closer. He had set up a blanket with pillows and snacks since we just ate who knows how long ago. His feet settled on the ground and I was gently placed down on my feet.

"You did all this?" I smiled looking at him. He rubbed the back of his head and nodded. "Yeah, but I had some of the guys help me. Do you -uh -like it?" he fumbled with his words. "I love it actually," I corrected him, which caused him to smile.

We then sat down on the blanket and I took in the view once again. "So umm earlier... I wanted to talk to you but I had to... do something," he mumbled.

I hummed in response. "So I wanted to say that I'm sorry about the ballroom night. I know it was wrong of me to do what I did but I had no control. I am truly sorry and I am also extremely sorry for what I did," he paused and I swear I heard him take a gulp. No lie but I felt a lump forming in my throat. We never actually talked about the ballroom event that took place. I tried my best to not remember what happened, especially with the necklace situation Lucifer said bringing me out of my thoughts.

I looked at him to see he was looking at me with a hint of sadness in his eyes. He really meant it. "I know it's late and I know you may never forgive me so I planned this all out. I also got this for you," he said, reaching into the basket with snacks. He pulled out a black casing and handed it to me. I eyed the casing for a few then eyed him. He gave a small smile, "Open it."

I slowly opened it and a huge gasp escaped from my mouth. I felt tears forming in my eyes. "You found a way to fix it," I mumbled as I touched the necklace. "Yeah. It was pretty hard to find a place so I just -" I stopped listening to him and kept looking at the necklace.

Normally someone would say sorry and that's it but they would never go out of their way to fix it. I closed the casing and watched as Lucifer continued talking. He was looking everywhere except at me.

I leaped on him and wrapped my arms around him. He didn't do anything at first but then he wrapped his arms around me. I felt his body relax as he pulled me tighter. "Thank you," I whispered in the crook of his neck. "It's just a way of saying sorry," he mumbled through my hair.