Chapter 36 (Edited)

After driving for 4 hours straight, we finally made it to the safe house. It was now 5 o'clock and the sun was still bright. I slowly pulled up to the mansion and parked a few feet away.

"You're scared, aren't you?" Godric asked, referring to what Gabe may do. I slowly nodded and pulled out my phone. I got out of the car along with the guys and called James on my phone as we stood in the driveway.

"Hey there," James chirped through the phone.

"Hi. Is Gabe there?" I asked in a low voice as I looked around the area.

"Uhh. No, he went out. He said he had to do something. I can call h-"

"NOO.. Don't call him," I sighed.

"Am I going to have to save you?" James asked in a worried tone.

I huffed and felt a pair of arms wrapping around my waist from behind. It was Lucifer.

"You can't save me from this one. We're here. I'll be in, in a few," I mumbled.

"Alright and if you need me, I'm always here for you," he said before hanging up.

I turned around in Lucifer's arms to see him frowning.

"I really am sorry," he whispered. "I know," I said, putting my head on his chest.

"So do we tell them about us or not yet?" Lucifer asked and my eyes widened. I never actually thought about telling the guys or even thought I would end up with Lucifer.

"We wouldn't tell them yet," I mumbled and he nodded before kissing my head.

"I'm going to miss holding you," he pouted as I laughed. He then released me from his holding.

"Oh please. You held me even when I didn't want to be held. Just be you," I teased as I opened the trunk.

I took my bags out along with the duffle bag and Lucifer grabbed his bag. "Don't act like you're not going to miss all of this," he said, wiggling his eyebrows.

Godric let out a long groan. "Maybe if you two hurry up we could make it inside before dark," spoke in annoyance at how long we were talking.

"You're lucky you have a place to sleep, Hobo," I mocked, causing him to roll his eyes. We walked into the mansion and I was tackled by someone. I squealed as they picked me up causing me to drop the bags that were in my hand.

"I MISS YOU!!" Justin screamed while spinning me around.

I laughed and hugged him. "I MISS YOU TOO!" I yelled back causing him to laugh. He placed me down and his eyebrows rose in questioning. "I heard someone is staying with us. That him?" Justin nodded to Jasper.

"That's me," Jasper said, walking up to him. "Awesome, now we could replace Hobo," Justin laughed as they did a guy handshake.

"Does everyone know about this?" Godric groaned in frustration as he rubbed his face. "Pretty much," James said while he hugged me.

"Miss you, sis," he mumbled. "Miss you too bro," I smiled as I hugged him.

"Lucifer," Jayson greeted him as they also did a guy's handshake.

"Well look who finally arrived," a voice came from the back of us. I felt a lump form in my throat and I turned around to see Gabe leaning against the entrance door with his phone in his hand.

"Surprise!" I forced a smile and stood next to James. Man was I dead. Although I have great combat just like all the guys, Gabe was always the best.

"Surprise indeed. So you want to tell me anything?" he asked, stepping close and I quickly eyed Jasper, Lucifer, and Godric. Lucifer had his hands into 2 fists on his side. It was pretty obvious he was mad and also worried telling by the look in his eyes. Jasper and Godric shared a look of pity for me.

James stood in front of me and I peeked over his shoulder to see Gabe, now officially mad. "Move," Gabe growled.

"You need to chill out bro. She just came back and is probably tired," James ignored his demand.

"Sky you want to tell them or should I?" Gabe threatened and my eyes widened. He doesn't know what happened, right? It would be impossible for him. It wasn't like I was in a crowded place. We were in an empty parking lot or at least that's what I remembered.

"Tell us what," Jayson asked looking at me.

I opened my mouth to say but closed it. I guess this would be a perfect time to tell them. "I'm dating Lucifer," I blurted out to cover up the other truth.

"YOU'RE WHAT?" Gabe yelled, causing me to flinch. "It was pretty obvious they were going to date," Jayson shrugged while Justin and James agreed.

"You are not dating him," Gabe said, launching himself at me but James held him back.

I took a step back and Gabe turned to look at Lucifer but he was no longer there. He was now standing next to me.

"You're not allowed to date Sky and Sky you're not allowed to date that asshole," Gabe shouted as he walked towards me.

"That's too bad 'cause I love him," I smiled while holding Lucifer's hand. Everyone was looking at us in 'awe' except Gabe. He was now running towards us.

"You have to stay out of this," I begged Lucifer. He then flashed out and I ran out the back door and around the yard.

"Gabe stop it," James yelled running behind him but Gabe ignored him. I was then tackled to the ground then pinned.

James was about to pry him off me but I shook my head. It would only make things worse. "Skylar you died," Gabe's words came out all cracked.

"What?" Jayson asked along with Justin and James.

"Yes I died but it wasn't on purpose and besides Lucifer almost died trying to get me back," I said skipping some details. He got off me and pulled me up.

I gave James a look and he knew everyone had to leave the area. "I can't lose you, sis. You saved me from my childhood. How am I supposed to top that when you know you're not safe around him," he scoffed while walking back and forth in front of me.

"Gabe, my life isn't normal. There's never one day that goes by where things will be normal for our family," I softly spoke and it was the truth. Nothing about what we do is even normal.

He stopped in front of me and held my hand. "Then after this mission, let's just all start over and we could just live together and be a family and -"

His sentence was cut off by me hugging him. I know he was fragile at the moment. We all were, to be honest. I wrapped my arms around his waist and he returned the hug. "No matter how hard we run away from something, it will always find a way back to us," I mumbled in his chest.

He released a sigh into my hair, "I know."

We hugged for a few more seconds and we then released. "So you and Lucifer are really a thing?" he asked with a straight face.

I slowly shook my head only for him to sigh. "If he breaks your heart, I'm going to break every bone in his body," he huffed. I was about to defend Lucifer but knew it was no use. Gabe would never give up on an argument.

"Better?" I asked with a smile plastered on my face and he nodded his head and we hugged again. 

********* MUST READ ***********

I know I haven't updated for a long time and I am truly sorry about that. I was just lazy and felt my story was at peace for a while so I would leave it there for some time. No worries. I am back and will update either daily or every other day. 

I will finish this book as promised and I will most likely be making a second book following the first one. I honestly am starting to just write for myself because writing is like my secret escape just like how music is an escape for some of you guys. Thank you to those of you who read my book and want more. Thank you for commenting and reading. It means a lot to me. Again, sorry for taking so long to update. Have a great summer and love you all. 

Sincerely, An Emotional Person (:(

************************************