Chapter 37 (Edited)

Lucifer's P.O.V

I watched as her body moved along with every word she spoke. After her and Gabe sorted things out, we were all in the conference room planning on how to take down the Russian dude.

Honestly, I didn't care about him or his name. I was focused on my beautiful Skylar. Her smile, and her laugh, filled me with joy and happiness. Something I haven't had in a long time. Before I met Sky, I was miserable. I hated everyone and everything. It was kind of funny the day we met.

The only reason I showed up was to just save myself but I found myself falling for her fast and hard. Everything about her blew my mind. I thought she would never fall for someone like me. Someone who was a true monster inside.

I felt my body being sucked into a flame of heat. I mentally closed my eyes and opened them to find myself standing inside my mansion. "Boss we have a problem," I heard a voice behind me. I turned around to see some of my guys around a black-marbled counter.

"What is it?" I hissed at my demon and he shook under my voice.

Running an army of demons is all fun and games until you run into some of the stupid ones. Out of the army of demons, I only have a few I truly trust. I also have a small group of demons with me who run illegal drugs. We produce, buy, and sell. We also have different franchises we are invested in and created. This also goes for weapons as well. I would tell Sky but there are some things she shouldn't know about for her own good. I love this girl to death and would do anything for her but I will not let her see this part of me. There's more to me than she knows yet she doesn't question it and still loves me and that is what I love about her.

"One of our trucks got destroyed by another gang," he quickly replied.

My eyes widened. "WHAT?" I yelled while slamming my hand on the marble counter. I heard a crack and looked down to see the marble counter had cracked. Well, that's not a first.

"S-sorry boss. I-"

I put my hand up to stop him from talking to him. "Damage cost?"

He looked down and sighed. "About 564k," another demon butt in.

My eyes widened more and my body was in flames. I swear sometimes these guys were just as useless as a piece of gum stuck under your shoes. I marched over to him and he shook as my body towered over him. I grabbed him by the neck and tightened my grip.

"Give me a good reason why I shouldn't rip you to pieces," I growled.

He held my hand trying to pry me off but I didn't lose my grip. "C-cant b-breath," he said while gasping for air. I released my grip and threw him to the floor.

"Speak," I demanded.

He stood up fast and rubbed his neck. "The truck was secured and we had 5 cars following it just to be safe until this helicopter showed up and started shooting rockets at us. Daxton took out the helicopter but then guys in armored trucks showed up. They took some of us out but everyone healed back to their form. We destroyed them after half an hour or so. There was one truck left that was after us and we found out it was the leader. I asked Xander to do some research on the guy. His name is Riccardo Lamar. He and his gang rate is very low," he explained.

"This Ricciardo what did you do to him?" I asked, folding my hand across my chest.

A grin was placed on his face. "In the dungeon."

I felt a sense of relief and vengeance take over me. Now I was the one grinning. I started to walk out of the room and headed down the stairs. I walked towards the steel black door and opened it then headed down some more stairs. I saw a guy who looked to be in his 30s chained to the chair that was in contact with the ground. His head was hanging down and I saw one of my right-hand demons, Axel, who stood up from the chair that was across the room. Axel was my most trusted demon out of everyone and like a brother.

"Boss," he greeted while bowing his head. I replied with a nod and walked up to the guy in the chair. I stood in front of the guy and I watched as he slowly held his head up. His dark brown eyes made contact with me.

I pulled off the tape from his mouth and looked at him. "I-" I punched him before he could finish his sentence. His face flew to the left and I watched as blood dripped out of his mouth.

A small scream was released from his mouth and I smirked at his pain. "You should've thought twice about destroying my shipment," I spoke in a deep cold voice not long before punching him again.

"I was paid," he screamed out from the pain. My eyebrows rose in curiosity. "By who?" I growled but he sat there silent.

"Ahh the silent treatment. I will ask you one more time and if you refuse, let's just say things aren't going to go easy for you," I threatened. "Who paid you?"

He sat there and smirked. Two could play at this game. My eyes blackened and I watched as the color drained from his face. I held him by the collar, "Who paid you?" I growled as my voice boomed louder around the room.

I looked closely at him to get inside his head. "Who paid you?" I repeated out loud. "Marco Gonzalez," his mind spoke.

"What are you?" his voice came through.

I released his collar and stood up straight. "I am Lucifer," I smirked while placing the tape back on his mouth.

His eyes widened in shock and started to scream through the tape. "Axel, take care of him and find out who Marco Gonzalez is," I demanded and started to walk up the stairs.

"Wait Boss," Axel shouted, causing me to turn around. "Yeah?"

"When are you coming back? Like to stay," he asked.

I felt my heart sink a little as Skylar flashed across my mind. "I don't know yet," I mumbled.

His shoulders sank. "You haven't told her?"

I shook my head. "Well, ask her if she wants to come live with you?" Axel suggested.

"As much as I love that, she will say no. She has her own gang and I would never want her around us. This is something she can't know about. This part of me is everything she is against," I explained.

"Lucifer, with all due respect you are a pain in the ass. If she had the balls to love you, then she has the balls to get over this," he spoke.

If this was any other demon who addressed me by my name or even said that to me I would have ripped their head off their body but this was Axel. He was different.

"Yeah, yeah. I got to get back," I said, turning around. I walked out the door and closed my eyes then opened them.

I was still in the conference room and James was now talking and writing on the board.

How am I supposed to tell Skylar I can't stay with her? I have my own kind to take care of. I should've never gotten close to her. After this mission, I will have to leave. I don't have an option. If I stay, she will be in so much more danger. There are so many people out to get me and my demons. Having her around would endanger her and her brothers more. Not to mention she literally takes down drug lords and anything illegal. I don't want to leave her but I don't see any other way. I love her so much and I've only known her for such a short time.

How do you leave someone you truly love?