Chapter 1

"Truth or dare"
" Dare."
" I dare you...."

That's how everything started that's how I got into this mess but let's back up a bit before that happened. I was walking down the corridor with my two so called besties Jennifer and Marissa. The boys from the football and basketball team were whistling as we walked by. I had on a blue tank top, a white high waist skirt and three in heels.

"You go Kat,work it shake that booty." I turned around to see it was Zack Matthews, star footballer he was six feet tall, with dark brown eyes hair. No I don't like him and plus he has a girlfriend, Jennifer.
Jenni shot him this look that almost made me double over in laughter but I kept a straight face and said "Eww Jenni is that your boyfriend for real?"
Jenni marched over to him Marissa and I walked away quickly knowing it was going to go down. "But babyy I didn't mean it like that I love you."
And that was it, I finally let go the laugh I was holding in and when I started I couldn't stop. Everyone looked at me like if something was wrong but that was way too funny did they not just hear that.
Marissa tapped me on the shoulder and asked "Are you okay?" She looked genuinely worried.
I looked at her and said "Did you not just....nothing." I finally stopped laughing.
"Awwww babe I love u too."
I started cracking up again laughing so hard it hurt my belly.

If you haven't guessed it yet I'm pretty popular. Some people liked me, some hated me and some wish they could be me. I dont know why they do I have a really bad life.
Anyways I respected everyone I'm not actually mean. I just have to act like if I am because I'm popular.
I'm supposed to be queen bee right?

"Hey is that Kyle?"
Everyone turned and looked in his direction and started throwing insults at him.
"Nerd."

"Whimp."

"Trash."

"Weirdo."

Kyle ignored all of them and continued walking to his locker but knowing those boys Kyle was going to be hurt. They dont give up until they've pushed him to the limit. The jocks walked over to Kyle they shoved him, he fell face first and all of his books scattered on the ground.

"I have to buy a new pair of glasses now." Kyle sighed.
Of course that caused everyone there to laugh. The jocks kicked him and punched him they even went as far as spitting on him. I felt so bad for him lying there on the ground helplessly. I wanted to help but how would that look,me, the school's most popular girl sticking up for a nerd like Kyle.

"STUDENTS STEP AWAY FROM HIM!" The principal's voice roared through the corridor.

Everyone scattered they left it empty like no one was there, no one heard his screams for help no one laughed at him just empty they left him there alone. I moved away too but still close enough to see what was going on. The principal helped Kyle off the ground and told Kyle to come with him.

As they walked pass me I couldn't help but glance at Kyle only to see he was looking at me too. I looked away quickly I couldn't bear to see him blood dripping from his nose, a black and blue eye, bruises all over his hands and a busted lip. For years they have bullied Kyle. No one ever cared or dared to help.
Not even the other nerds because they were afraid they would be beaten too. For the rest of the day Kyle was on my mind. I honestly hope he's alright.

*~*~*

"How was your day Kate?"

"It was good mom how was yours?"

"It was okay." She replied wearily.

"Work again?"

"Since your dad left us things have never been the same around here."