Chapter 32

"Do you think we should wake them?" I heard a female voice ask.

"I don't know what do you think?" Another voice asked, it sounded a lot like my mother.

"Kate has to go to the airport so we should wake her." I heard my mother say again.

Before my mom could hit me to wake me up, I jumped up, "I'm up, I'm up!"

I looked next to me and saw that Kyle was there fast asleep with a spoon in his mouth and the empty ice cream tub on his chest. It was going up and down as he inhaled and exhaled. I blushed, realising we had fallen asleep on the sofa last night. I looked up at my mother and Carol and Kyle's dad.

"Kyle's dad?" I asked aloud.
He had his hand around Carol's shoulder by the looks of it they were back together. I smiled to myself.

"Yes it me." Kyle's father replied.

"Mom my belly hurts." I groaned in pain.

"That's what you get for eating mama's ice cream." She retorted.

I rolled my eyes at her.

"I have to get to the airport!" I shrieked. Kyle stirred, I must have woken him by shouting. I smiled apologetically at him but he was too busy taking the spoon out his mouth and staring at it weirdly. So I just began freaking out again.

"Mom call dad tell him I'm coming soon, I'm going to bathe!" I yelled.

My mother winced, "Kate I'm right here and so is your father."

"Really where?" I asked excitedly.

He suddenly appeared from behind my mom and said "Right here Katie."
I grinned and ran over to him and gave him a big hug.

"Hi Mr White." Kyle greeted.

"Hi boy who was sleeping next to my daughter on the sofa." My father replied,glaring at Kyle playfully. Kyle blushed and laughed nervously.

"Dad can Kyle come to the airport with us?" I begged.

"He can,only if he wants to and his parents are okay with it." My father replied.

"I'm okay with it." Carol said. Everyone looked at Kyle to see what his answer would be. Kyle beamed, "Of course I want to."

"I'm going to get ready and be back shortly." I told them.

"Kate can I  talk to you first?" My mother questioned.

"Sure mom."

Then we left to go into the kitchen so we could be alone.

"Yeah mom?" I asked.

"I just wanted to say thanks for forgiving me, even though I cheated on your father and broke up our relationship." She said.

"Of course I forgave you mom, even though it hurt to find it out, Kyle helped me to see that you love me." I grinned before giving her a hug.

My father forgave my mother but he still didn't want to be together and I think I accepted that. When we both broke the hug and I went to the upstairs to bathe and get ready. While I was in the bath I thought about all the memories I had here. I remembered when I met Kyle on the bench reading a book and how hard it was to get through to him. I knew I was going only going for two to three years but it seemed like forever to me.

*~*~*
When I came back downstairs I saw that Kyle and his parents were talking and laughing. I smiled seeing them like that gave me so much joy for some reason.
"Are you ready to go?" My father asked. Kyle and my dad rushed over to help me with my bags I had three in total. Kyle held one, my father had one and I had the other one since they were glaring at each other on who would take the last bag. They were such gentlemen. I said goodbye to my mother, Carol and Jimmy before leaving.