Chapter 8

"I have something to tell you" My mother said.

I rolled my eyes and started to go up stairs "I don't want to hear you right now."

"It's important it's about your dad."
I stopped in my tracks and looked at my mother "My dad?"

"Yes." She replied.

"Okay I'm listening."

My mother pointed at the sofa, she told me to sit and I obeyed then she took a seat next to me.

"I didn't want to tell you this but you had to find out sooner or later, and it's best that you find out from me." My mother started.

She never looked this worried before I wonder what dad did to her.

"Well." She started "Your father didn't do anything, I did, I thought he was cheating at work, but he wasn't I found that out too late, so I made a plan to cheat on him when he was loyal all the time."

I gasped "What?"

"There's more we fought for custody, I won since you were little and needed a maternal figure in your life." She said with tears running down her cheeks "I just couldn't lose you Kate."

"Your father told me to keep it a secret that I cheated since your going to be living with me." She continued.

I had nothing to say I just sat quietly and listening to my mother's shocking explanation.

"He used to call all the time but I told him you didn't want to talk to him." She sobbed.

"But you never told me he called." I said, feeling hurt that my own mother would do that to me. After all these years I was now finding this out.

"I know I just didn't want you to hate me."

"I don't hate you I just feel betrayed, can I talk to my father?"

"But-

"Please." I pleaded cutting her off.

"Wait I'll have to go and look for it."

"Thanks."

*~*~*

After about ten minutes my mother came back out with a piece of paper and gave me it 422-3569.
I looked at my mother and said "Are you trying to fool me,this is a local number."

"No he just moved back here." My mother said sadly.

"Oh."

"Well I'll leave you and let you talk to your father."

I took up the phone I got as far as to "422" and then I turned off the phone. I wasn't ready yet I wouldn't know what to say.
I ascended up the stairs fondiling with the piece of paper. I layed in my bed taking in everything I just heard.
My cellphone buzzed I groaned and took it up. When I saw that it was a message from Kyle I smiled instantly.

Kyle: R u in trouble :(

Katelyn22: No but I would rather be in trouble than to hear what my mom said.

Kyle: Do you want to talk about it?

Katelyn22: Remember what I told you in the park about my dad cheating well it was my mother that cheated on my dad.

Kyle: Really it must have hurt to find out that after all these years.

Katelyn22: Yeah it does.
Katelyn22: I have my father's number I want to call him but I don't know what to say.

Kyle: Just talk to him like normal tell him about your life and ask him about his.

Katelyn22: But I dont have anything interesting going on right now.

Kyle: oh so I'm not interesting :(

I laughed knowing he was joking and smiled while texting back..

Katelyn22 : Not really no sorry

Kyle: Go fall in some mud I'm awesome

Katelyn22 : and then you woke up from that dream.

Kyle: I'm crying :(

Katelyn22: No you're not.

Kyle: yes I am.

Katelyn22 :Sorry
Katelyn22: I'm going to call my dad now I'll tell you what happens Monday and I'm still having lunch with you if you're wondering.
Katelyn22: Bye

Kyle: Go for it I know you will enjoy talking to your father.

Katelyn22: I hope so.

I was ready now I took up the landline and dialed my father's number he picked up after it rung twice.

Dad: "Hello"

Me: "Hi dad."

Dad: "Katie?"

Dad: "How are you baby girl?"

Me: "I'm good what about you."

Dad: "I'm okay sorry for cheating on your mother and ruining our family."

Me: "You don't have to lie I already know."

Dad: "Ohh Jane told you."

Me: "Yeah."

Dad: "So why did you call do you need anything money or something?"

Me: "No just you."

Dad: "Katie I miss you but I think it's best that you stay with your mother and please don't be mad at her."

Me: "Are you crying?"

Dad: "No."

Me: "Yes you are."

We both laughed we talked for about ten minutes. He changed his mind and told me I should come over soon. He even gave me the address. I smiled while hanging up the phone. I can't wait to tell Kyle tomorrow.

End of Chapter

This chapter just goes to show you that men can also be hurt or cheated on too. We are not perfect we make mistakes but sometimes it's best to tell you your loved ones before it's too late. It's more important not to jump to conclusions also.

Lelee1234