Chapter 16

Here's a picture of Katelyn after she dyed and curled her hair. Anyways here's Chapter
16 I hope you enjoy it.

Monday morning I woke up with a smile on my face, well I woke I rolled of the bed. Then I remembered Kyle was talking to me now, so I sat on the ground smiling like an idiot. I got up and I looked through my closet after a lot of digging up, I finally got the outfit I wanted. It was a red dress with a cute kitten on it and black converse. I decided to leave my hair curled. I ran to Kyle's room to wake him up but he wasn't there so I figured he must be in the bath. I descending downstairs to greet Carol and my mother, they were having breakfast.

"Morning Kate." My mother said cheerfully.

"Morning mom and Carol, what's for breakfast."

"Oh you wanted some?" My mother asked.

"You didn't leave any back for me?" I gawked.

Carol and my mother laughed.

"I see you two are becoming best friends." I said rolling my eyes.

"It's in the kitchen leave some back for Kyle little piggy." My mother said.

"Why do I have to?" I whined playing along.

I went into the kitchen to see what my mother cooked. She made bacon, eggs and pancakes.

I took up four pancakes, some bacon and eggs, then I went to the fridge and took out the orange juice.

I sat down at the table this time Kyle was there. "Morning Kyle."

"Morning Katelyn, I like your outfit."

"Thanks, Kyle I'm sorry but I ate all the pancakes but bae is still there."

"Bae?" He asked in a confused tone.

I opened my mouth to answer but before I could my mother did it for me "Bacon and eggs."

"It's not fair that you ate all of the pancakes." He said folding his arms. I stuck out my tongue at him and took a bite of the pancake to tease him.

After breakfast Kyle and I said goodbye to our parents and left to go to school.

"So what exactly is your plan?" Kyle asked standing by my locker.

"You'll see." As soon as I shut my locker I saw Jenni standing there.

"Back to black I see." She said.

"Yea, I like it." I told her honestly.

"That nerd is changing you." Jenni said shooting Kyle a dirty look.

"So what if he doesn't act like you, everyone isn't supposed to be like you, I was a nerd too before you changed me, well I changed myself, secondly I'm done with you and the whole concept of nerd and popular, I'm going to be whoever I want to be." I said firmly.

"So what does that mean?" Jenni asked.

"It means I'm done, I'll do what you want, be the nerd and say I don't want to be popular anymore but I'm done hurting him."

With that I turned around and walked away. Kyle followed me "You know you didn't have to do that?"

"I wanted to." I replied.

"Did I say I love your hair?"

"No but I know you do." I smirked.

The rest of the day was great no one bothered us they just left us alone.

We went home happily, Carol was there but my mother was not home yet.

"I see you two are getting very close." Carol said.

"Is there something I should know?

I laughed and said "Maybe."

"Really?" Kyle asked.

I laughed "I'm joking."

Kyle blushed "Oh."

KYLE POV

After dinner Katelyln and I went into the living room to watch television. When we got tired of laughing at Spongebob we went into his bedroom.
Katelyn laid back on my bed and looked up at the ceiling. We talked for a long time about what happened today.

"So why did you tell my mother there was something going on between us?" I asked.

"I don't know for fun, question." She was laying on a side turning away from me.

"Okay." I replied.

"If this was the other way around would you so the same for me?"

"Yes I would, I like you a lot so I would, I think I might even love you."

There was no reply, I moved closer to her, her eyes were closed and she was sleeping. I thought about waking her up to let her go in her room but I changed my mind. I'll let her rest. I resisted the urge to cuddle her. I just watched her like any weird person would do. She looked so different now. Was this something I should be proud of, get doing this all for me?