Chapter 12

KYLE POV

I was so happy Katelyn talked to me. I came home from school practically skipping. "Hey mom I'm home."

"Hi Kyle." My father said.

"You're home early."

"The principal called, I heard you are being bullied." My father said wasting no time at all.

"Oh."

"Oh? Why didn't you tell me? My father slurred clearly drunk.

"I always knew you were a punk." My father continued when he saw that I was not answering.

Slap!

My face turned to the left from the slap he gave me.

"I always knew you were a punk." He repeated.

One after the other the lashes from the leather belt  hurt more and more on my back.

I know he's my father and I'm supposed to respect him but I think he's drunk so this wouldn't count.

I took the belt out of his hands and pushed him off.

"Dad are you drunk?" I questioned.

"I don't know if I'm drunk but I know my son is a wimp." He swung his hand to punch me in the face. I held his hand before it reached, there was no way I would fight my dad but I couldn't just stand there and take his lashes.

"What are you two doing?" My mother asked from the kitchen.

"Play fighting." I lied.
Even though my father tried to beat me he wasn't supposed to be drinking and if my mother found out she would be angry.

"Carol did you hear that Kyle is being bullied at school?"

"No, I didn't know."

"Well he is and I'm teaching him a lesson."

"What kind of lesson?" My mother asked.

"How to be bullied properly." He said while punching me in my face making me fall back on the table.

My mother came rushing in screaming "Jimmy leave my house now!"

"This is my house too."

"You can come back when you're sober." My mom said.

"How about you leave?" My dad asked.

"Alright Kyle pack your things we're leaving."

My dad laughed "You're not going to leave, stop putting on a show."

My mother glared at my father if she didn't want to leave that would have made her leave now. She dragged my upstairs and told me go to my room and pack what I needed.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I don't know, just don't tell anybody about this."

"Okay." I sighed.

KATELYN POV

I messaged Kyle but he didn't answer back or read my message so he must be talking to his parents. I hope everything is okay. I sat on the bed thinking about Kyle and the dare I really wanted someone to talk to about my this my mother wasn't home from work so I called my dad.

Dad: "Hello."

Katelyn: "Hi."

Dad: "Hey Katie."

Katelyn: "How do you always know when it's me."

Dad: "I know I haven't been there in a while but I always know my daughter's voice."

Katelyn: "I want to see you dad."

Dad: "Come over when your ready you're always welcome."

Katelyn: "I'm ready now."

Dad: "Did you get permission from your mother?"

Katelyn: "Yes."

Dad: "Don't lie to me, if she's at work call her and ask the call me back later."

Katelyn: "Fine."

Dad: "Bye."

After my father hung up I dialed my mother's cellphone number. After a two minute conversation about being careful she finally agreed that I could so but I had to be home by eight. I called back my father with a grin.

Katelyn: "Mom said I can come."

Dad: "I'll come for you then, do you still live the same place?"

Katelyn: "Yeah."

We both hung up and I ran to my bedroom quickly. I had to look my best, I was seeing my father again for the first time in four years. When pi was finished I had on a blue tank top, a grey jeans pants and blue nike sneakers. I curled my hair and went back downstairs.

I was watching television when I heard the horn of a car. I looked at myself once more in the front house mirror before I went outside. To my surprise I saw a red Ferrari parked by my house. I got inside and shut the door behind me.

"Hey dad." I greeted.

"Hey Katie you look..different, what happened to your black hair?" My father asked.

"It's still here just dyed." I responded.

"You mother allowed you to?"

"Yeah, you don't like it?" I asked touching my hair insecurely.

"It's not that I don't like it, it's just that you look different I love both you still look very beautiful."

"Thanks." I smiled.

We talked about our lives the whole car ride to his house. We finally arrived at his house and it was huge. I don't know what I was expecting his house to look like but certainly not like this.

"When were you able to afford all of this?" I questioned getting out of the car and looking at his house.

"When I became a lawyer in California."

"Oh."

"Come in."

"Ok." I replied still shocked from the fact that my dad had a mansion and a Ferrari.

*~*~*

"So what did you want to talk about?" He said sitting down besides the pool. I took the seat opposite to him.

"Well there's this boy people call him a nerd, I am popular in school, I was dared to talk to him for four weeks and then don't talk to him." I started.

"So now you like him as a friend after you found out what he was really like and you don't know how to explain to him that it was a dare." My dad finished.

"Yes how did you know?"

"Let's just say I know how it feels." My dad said.

"You need to tell him before it's too late the guilt will keep eating at you, I know you don't want to lose him but he might just forgive you."

"I don't know how tell him dad." I sighed.

"It'll come to you if my smart little girl is still in there."

"Why can't you just tell me how you did it?"

"The way I decided to do it didn't end well."

"Oh." I sighed again.

"What time do you have to get home by?" My dad asked.

"Eight."

"Do you want something to eat?"

"Yesssss."

My father laughed "That's my little girl."