Chapter 15

KYLE POV

"Katelyn, Kyle get up."

I woke up and Katelyn's mother was yelling for me, why would she be shouting for me? I looked around and then I remembered my mother and I were staying here. I also remembered what Jennifer told me last night about Katelyn and the dare. I thought she actually cared, I thought she was different I felt like an idiot.

I got out of bed to take a shower. On my way there I saw Katelyn, "Morning Kyle." I just ignored and walked straight pass her. "Kyle?"

"What?"

"Never mind." She frowned.

"I'm going to take a bath."

"You're going the wrong way." Katelyn said.

"Oh."

Don't ask you can look for it yourself..

"The bathroom's right there." She pointed to a room opposite of the direction I was going in. I went to the bathroom and took a warm shower. I wanted to talk to Katelyn but at the same time I didn't. I don't know what I want. I turned off the pipe, wrapped my towel around me and went back to my room.

KATELYN POV

How can I prove to Kyle that I want to be his friend and that I actually like and care about him.
An idea came into mind....
I'll just do the thing he wanted all along.

I ran downstairs, "Mom, Carol I'm going to the store."
I was so excited, I figured it out, that I ran all the way to the store. That store didn't have what I wanted so I ran to another store. I took up what I wanted and ran out of the store.

"Miss you forgot to pay me." The cashier said.

"Opps sorry I'm in a hurry." I gave the cashier a smile and took out my money and paid her. Then I ran back home.

"Mom Carol I'm back." I said running back upstairs. I went into the bathroom and locked the door. I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror
Katelyn White are you sure you want to do this? I asked myself while holding the dye packet in my hand.
I took a deep breath "Kyle this is for you."

Then I dyed my hair from to maroon back to black. I washed my hair, when I was finished I looked at my in the mirror and smiled.
After I was finished I went into my bedroom and curled my hair just like how I had it before I became popular. I searched for clothes that I used to wear they should be somewhere in here. I took out my contacts and replaced them with glasses, my mini skirt for a jeans and my tank top for a t-shirt.

I looked at myself in the mirror and said "Hello old friend."

First I showed my mother, she said she was okay with it but I can't dye my hair again until I moved out of her house. I went up to Kyle's room, I knocked on the door, then he opened it. I looked at him and asked "Is this proof enough?" He looked at me then shut the door in my face.

I should have known this wouldn't work. I sat down in front of his door and cried my eyes out thinking about all the good times I had with Kyle.

He must've heard because after a while he opened back the door. "You're still here?" I wiped my tears away quickly and stood up to face him "Yes I'm still here." He opened the door wider for me to come in and I went inside. "Why did you dye your hair back to black?" He asked.

"It's what you always wanted since the day we became close, so I thought it would work but it didn't, so now I don't know what to do, I'm very very sorry and-"
Before I could finish he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly.

"It's okay Katelyn I forgive you."

I looked up at him "Really, so quickly?" He looked down at me and smiled and said "Really."

I spent the whole Sunday in the guest room with Kyle. "So how much more time do you have with me?" Kyle asked after we were finished playing snakes and ladders.

"One week." I answered.

"Oh well let's be friends for that one week and then after we can stop talking." Kyle said.

"I have an better idea."

"What's that?"

"You'll see." I smirked