Chapter 9

This is my last two weeks with Kyle, the time was going by fast. I sighed thinking about how I'm going to tell him this because I just can't drop him like that. I rolled out of bed, I needed something to get my mind off this.
I went into the bath and took a warm shower. That helped but when I came back I saw that I had a message from Kyle and the feeling of guilt came back over me once again.

Kyle: Heyy are you still hanging with me today?

Kyle: I mean it's ok if you don't want to I understand.

Kyle is typing....

I messaged back quickly before he could say anything else.

Katelyn22: Yes I'm still hanging with you today we'll do whatever you do.

Kyle: What I do is boring.

Katelyn22: How do you get to school.

Kyle: My mom.

Katelyn22: Ohh.

Kyle: See.

Katelyn22: Lol your mom's cool we'll sing songs.

Kyle: Lol I'll tell my mother to pick you up.

Katelyn22: You know you've seen where I live plenty of times but I've never seen where you live.

Kyle: Ooh.

Katelyn22: yeah never mind I'll wait for you to show me when you're ready.

Kyle: Hurry up and get ready for school you're going to be late my mom would be there in ten. See you.

Katelyn22: Yea I'm looking forward to today.

I put my phone to charge and opened my wardrobe, I haven't decided what I wanted to wear yet but I knew I wasn't feeling the heels or mini skirt today.

I just slipped on what I could find like I used to do before. I didn't even know these clothes still existed in my closet.
When I was dressed I looked at myself in the mirror and smile and said hey old friend.
I had on a white t-shirt under jeans suspenders with grey and white converse. I styled my maroon hair into a messy bun and I put on my glasses.
When I got downstairs my mother looked at me with her mouth open she smiled and said "I like what that boy is doing to you you're not dressed like a skank anymore."

"Mom, I can't believe you said that and Kyle is not doing anything it was my choice." I scolded.

"He is you just can't see it, he's a keeper don't lose him." My mom said.

"Bye mommy." I said ending the weird conversation.

"Bye Kate." My mother laughed.

*~*~*

Kyle Pov

I heard all their whispers behind our backs Katelyn seemed like she couldn't hear anything but I know she heard also and was just ignoring them. She noticed I was quiet so she looked at me and asked me what was wrong. I shook my head and said nothing and continued to listen to what everyone was saying.

Why is she walking around with the nerd...

Are they friends now?..

Look at the nerd.....

Look at how she's dress..

I actually like it she doesn't look like a whor...

"What!" Katelyn said glaring at the girl and her friend who were talking about her. She walked over to them if she had on heels they would be clicking as they hit the ground but today she had on converse and she looked so cute.

"Kyle hold my glasses." She said I took them without hesitation. I was confused as to what she was about to do but when I saw her heading to the girls I knew that it was about to go down. I sighed and put my books in my locker along with Katelyn's glasses. When I turned back around I saw that the girl had pushed Katelyn. I let Katelyn beat her because the girl started the fight. When it was getting out of control and I mean really out of control,the girl would have probably died from getting her head slammed against the locker, then she fell and Katelyn was on top of her punching her while her friend just watched them.

I lifted Katelyn from off of the girl and she was still punching the wind like she was beating her. When she realise she wasn't she squirmed and said "Let me go."

"We tried this already and we both know you can't get away shorty." I said holding her over my shoulder.

"Can you put me down now?"She asked.

"Are you going to fight again?" I asked.

"No." She said sweetly with a smile.

I put her down and she ran at the girl again I caught her just before she reached the her.
I put her on my shoulder and this time I walked away.
Katelyn yelled at the girl "If you think about telling the principal you would get the wrong cause you pushed me."

"Want back your glasses?" I asked while walking away.

"Sure."

*~*~*

For the whole morning no one bullied me, Katelyn was there for me. I'm here by her class waiting it's lunch and she told me to wait here for her so we can have lunch together, since my class finished before hers.
I saw every one walking out except for Katelyn she was talking to her algebra teacher.
She walked out groaning.
"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just hate algebra and my teacher was just trying to help." She responded.

"Ooh."I said.

Katelyn suddenly smiled and asked "So where do you have lunch?"

I frowned and told her that I ate lunch on the corridors she didn't seem like she thought it was weird, it was like she understood why.
All the bullies just ignored as we were walking and laughing. No one was whispering anymore this was perfect.

Until Jenni and Marissa walked by we haven't seen them for the whole day and they chose now to come when everything was going good. What could they possibly want I looked across at Katelyn and she looked terrified.