Chapter 17

I woke up in my bed, I was lying on a side and I felt a hand over my stomach and another one around my neck and down to my breast. I looked around, I wasn't in my bedroom I was in Kyle's and he was cuddling me. I didn't want to wake him up so I tried to move his hands. Instead of moving he held me tighter. I struggled for a while then he opened his eyes.
His cheeks turned red when he realised where his hands were.

"Sorry, you fell asleep, but I didn't want to wake you." He said moving his hands.

"It's okay, let's go and get ready for school."

I showered while kyle waited by the door until I was finished. When I came out of the bathroom he went in.  I walked quickly to my bedroom, embarrassed that Kyle would see me in a towel. I got ready for school the headed downstairs for breakfast.

"Kyle our mothers are not here!" I shouted to him, looking around. I looked in the kitchen and I saw a note.

"Kyle there's a note!" I shouted to him Kyle again.

Kyle was coming downstairs, I could hear his footsteps.

"I'm in the kitchen." I said.

A few seconds after Kyle was in the kitchen and we read the note together it said:

Carol and I are going out, we should be back home after you are finished with school. I'm pretty sure you guys know how to cook.

"Let's make pancakes, they are easy." Kyle said.

*~*~*

Well my mother was wrong, we could not cook when we finally got the ingredients right we fried them, well Kyle decided to fry them and he burned the pancakes.
"Should have let me do it." I glared at him and he shrugged "Who said I could cook?"

"They were just pancakes."

After our argument we sat down at the dining room table eating burnt pancakes and drinking orange juice.

I looked at the clock it was half past ten. It was too late to go to school now so we decided to stay home.

I looked through the channels to find a movie or series we could both watch. "Scobby Doo marathon." We said together. We made a game out of guessing who was the villain so far I guessed three correct and Kyle guess four.

"I'm hungry." I groaned.

"I think I saw popcorn in the cupboard, go and put it in the microwave." Kyle said lazily.

"I'm lazy." I groaned.

"Well I'll just go and burn them like how I burned the pancakes then."

I jumped up "You know what I'll do it."

*~*~*

"Kyle stop throwing popcorn at me." I whined trying to watch Scooby Doo.
Kyle laughed and threw another one at me. I threw one back at him but he opened his mouth and caught it.
"How did you do that?" I gasped.

"Easy heads up." He said while throwing a popcorn but I  didn't catch it in landed on my nose. I must have looked like a lizard trying to catch a fly with my mouth opened like that.

I frowned "I give up."

"But you just started."

"So." I said disappointed in myself.

The Scooby Doo marathon was over, Kyle won only by one though. He did a dance that looked like the running man crossed with the chicken crossed with stupid. "What are you doing?"

"Dancing." He said.

"That's not dancing." I said while laughing.

Kyle somehow found snacks in the kitchen, I've been looking through this kitchen for weeks and he only came here three days.

Kyle used whip cream to make a moustache. I laughed and said "Remember when I did that to you with the ice-cream."

Kyle laughed "Yeah I remember."

"You told me I was a waste of ice-cream." I said pretending to be hurt again.

"I didn't mean it though." He said smiling at me.

"Do you want to play twister?" I asked.

"Sure."

I brought out my twister mat, I haven't played this game since my dad left, it was our family game, I smiled remembering playing it with my mom and dad.

Kyle and I played it with the cd since it was two players. After three minutes of playing we were in the most awkward position, Kyle was on the bottom with his hands at the back I was over him with my hands under his.

Kyle hands slipped and he fell making me lose my balance and fall on top of him. Our faces were inches apart again. Kyle and I laughed. "I won." I said smiling but I still didn't move from where I was.
"Whatever." Kyle said.

He leaned forward, I realized what he was doing and leaned closer to him.

"You know you're really pretty from this angle." He said softly. I blushed "You look pretty good too."
He moved in our lips almost touched-

"You know Carol I...what the blump!"

Kyle and I scrambled away from each other. Carol and my mother looked at us with shocked looks on their faces. If this wasn't so serious I would be laughing.

"I can explain." I said.

"Please do." My mother somehow managed to say.

"We decided to stay home from school because by the time we finished breakfast we would be late." I said quickly.

"Did you two, you know?" My mother asked.

"No!" Kyle and I said at the same time.

My mother looked at Carol, who was still shocked, and asked "Do you believe them?"

Carol nodded to tell my mother that she believes us.

"You two go up to your rooms, Carol and I have to talk about this."

We went upstairs silently.

"Sorry." I said.

"It was my fault I burned the pancakes."

We both decided that it was both our faults then we went to our separate rooms. Then it dawned on me WAIT DID KYLE AND I ALMOST KISS???