Chapter 13

It seemed like Kyle was ignoring me, which was weird since we just started talking to each other. I wanted to find out how the talk with his parents went and I needed to tell him about the dare. It was lunch time and I was walking down the hall to go to the cafeteria. I saw the boy that I had on my mind for the last four periods "KYLE!" I shouted walking towards him. Kyle slammed his locker shut and ran away. I ran behind him taking all of his sharp turns. "Hey Kat." I heard Jake say before standing in front of me. "Jake I don't have the time right now." I said pushing him out of the way. By that time Kyle had ran off. I shrugged it off he still had to go detention anyways. I had a plan but I had to talk to someone who would be really important.

"Hey Johnson." I greeted as I sat next to him on the maroon bench in the crowded cafeteria.

"Hey babe, what brings you here?" He asked wriggling him eyebrows.

"Umm, remember when I say I would never need you well I need you."

"Oh that party, I knew it what do you want sex?"

"What ew no." I spewed full of discuss.

"Then I'm not interested."

"Wait, what if I said there was something in it for you." I suggested trying to bribe him.
Welll....." I whispered in his ear what I wanted him to do.
After I finished he smirked and asked "Is that all?"

"Yes."

"Easy, what's in it for me?" He questioned.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"A date." He replied with a smile.

"Oh."

"And a kiss."

"A what?" I yelled.

"Come on babe you know you want to, plus you owe me." He said making kissing faces.

"Ugh fine Johnson."

"Give me the kiss now so I know u wouldn't betray me."

"In here?" I asked.

"We could go somewhere private if you want." He said with a wink.

"Eww, you can have it in here, pucker up."

"Alright." He said closing his eyes and pouting his lips.

I leaned in and gave him a peck on the check.

"Hey." He yelled

"What, you never told me where." I smirked.

"But."

"Bye Johnson."

*~*~*

It was time for detention and I had faith that my plan would work. Everyone was here,everyone except for Kyle. I should have known he was avoiding me so he probably wouldn't come to detention. I thought I lost all hope when I saw the door swing open. A boy came in with a hoodie over his head, it was Kyle. I looked at Johnson to make sure he did what I told him t he winked at me so that means he did it or it could mean he was flirting, I don't know.

"So Mrs Whitehall how are you?" Johnson asked.

"I'm good Johnson don't ruin it for me." She answered sitting down in her chair.

"I would never." He said innocently.

"Fire!" Johnson's friend William shouted.

The children in the room threw paper at Mrs Whitehall and took pictures of her and laughed.

"Now Mrs Whitehall we have unfinished business." Johnson said.

Mrs Whitehall tried to stand up but she couldn't.

"William and Johnson did you put glue in my chair?"

"I would never Mrs Whitehall." Johnson said innocently.

All I said was distract her I had to talk and this is what it turned into.
I laughed quietly and I saw that Kyle was smiling. I walked up to him, grabbed his hoodie and pulled him out of the room. I took him to the quiet spot in the school where children come to.. well they do a lot of things here.

"Kyle why aren't you speaking to me?" He didn't answer.

"Answer me please then if it's a good reason I'll leave, I'm just worried about you and I don't know why you are ignoring me." I could feel tears running down my cheeks but I wiped them away quickly.

"Are you crying Katelyn?"

"No." I lied.

"Don't lie to me." He held my face and wiped away the new set of tears that were falling.

"Don't cry you didn't do anything."

"It's just-" He started

"Please." I begged.

"Okay,I just didn't want you to see this." He said taking off the hoodie.

"What happened,who did that?"
His eye was swollen, his lip was burst and he had a black and blue scar on his face.

"No one." He said with a sigh.

"Don't lie to me."

"It was my dad."

"Why did he do that?" I asked.

"He was drunk when he found out about me being bullied." Kyle responded.

"A drunk man speaks and does what he wouldn't when he's sober." I said.

"I know."

"Can I know what happened?"

He told me everything that happened from when his father bullied him to when he and his mother moved out. He was hurt I couldn't tell him about the dare now, he needed a friend.

"Remember when you told me you're here for me, I'm here for you also." I said.

I hugged him tightly my head was buried in his chest. He took a step back at the sudden impact but when he realised what happen he rested his head on top of mine and hugged me back.

"I would invite you to dinner tonight, but I have a date." I said still hugging him.

"Really, a date?" He questioned.

"I'll explain later."

"Alright, I'll ask my mother if I can tomorrow." He said.

"Why don't you both come?" I asked.

"Okay thanks."

"Do you want to let go?" He asked.

"No." I said holding onto him tighter.

"Good, neither do I." He said.