Chapter 18

Kyle and I didn't really talk about us almost kissing.  It was like we were avoiding each other because we both didn't want to talk about it.

When I was ready to go to school I went downstairs everyone was there I sat between my mother and Kyle.

My mother broke the silence saying "So Carol and I talked it out and we decided not to punish you since we left you here alone, we should have been more responsible and probably leave breakfast here."

Kyle and I let out a breath of relief. Then left for school.

"Did you tell them?" I asked Kyle once we were out far away from our parents.

"No, you?"

"No."

KYLE POV

Today was a weird day for me, Katelyn and I weren't talking as much, I think it was because of the kiss we almost had. Our conversations were short and awkward. Neither of us brought it up, but I know we'll have to talk about it sooner or later. We walked pass the girl that Katelyn almost murdered, "Katelyn isn't that the girl you fought with?" I asked. Katelyn glared at the girl "Yeah, why?"
"You fought with her because she called you a whore?"

Katelyn looked at me confused, then her confusion turned to laughter, "No is that what you thought?" She asked between laughs.

"Then why?" I asked, now I was the one who was confused.

"I fought with her because she was saying mean things about you, I guess I just used the part about her calling me a whore as a reason not to seem like I liked you too much." She sighed, finally admitting it.

"Really?"

"Yes." She said while nodded.

"Why?" I asked.

"Stop asking so many questions Kyle."

"But -okay fine." I could tell she didn't want to talk about it anymore but I still had so many questions but I didn't want to invade. She would tell me when she was ready.

Everything was going great we were laughing and talking but...

You know when everything is going great in your life something bad always has to happen... that is what happened.

Katelyn and I were standing by her locker talking. I saw Jenni coming up to us again. She went to Katelyn and pushed her away from me and whispered something into Katelyn's ear. It was short but it was enough to make her facial expression go from a smile to a frown. Katelyn walked off with Jenni leaving me alone. I didn't hear Katelyn for the rest of the day. Every time I tried to talk to her she pretended she didn't hear me but I know she did. I don't know what I did or what Jenni told her but I'm guessing that it's really bad.

*~*~*

After school I didn't see Katelyn waiting for me to walk home with her. I looked all around the school for her and I couldn't find her. When I came back outside to see if she was there I saw her getting into Jenni's car, she was probably going home.
So I walked to Katelyn's house by myself.

When I arrived by Katelyn's house I saw Katelyn standing by the door she smiled "I was waiting on you to get home I'm glad to see you made it safely."
I looked at her in confusion "Oh, so now you want to talk to me?"

"Sorry about at school." She said holding down her head.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She lied. Then she ran upstairs and slammed her bedroom door.

"Kyle can I talk to you?" Katelyn's mother asked.

I turned around wondering how much of the conversation she heard, "Yes Ms.White?"

"You know Katelyn likes you a lot right?"

"I don't know, why do you say that?"

"I know, she's my daughter, remember I walked in and saw you playing twister?"

"Yeah, what about twister?" I asked.y

"She hasn't played twister since her dad left and you're changing her, the way she dresses and acts, I know you don't see it but I do." Her mother said.

"She changed on her own." I reminded her, I wasn't sure if I believed that myself.

"Why are you teenagers so naive?"

"Well thanks Mrs. White but Katelyn doesn't seem to like me a lot right now."

"Why do you say that?" She asked.

"Never mind, enjoy the rest of your day Ms.White." I said.

"Oh, thanks you too Kyle."

I needed to go for a walk I wanted to go into Katelyn's room but I decided should give her space. I went outside and walked to the park. I sat on the swing and punched the metal bar in frustration. I know it would hurt later but I didn't care it wasn't hurting more than my heart.
What do I do now?