chapter 38

ZACKS POV

"Zack Alex just proposed to Kelly" jack said running up to me.

"What?" I asked horrified. He pointed over at the pool. Alex was down on one knee holding a small box in front of Kelly.

"I didn't think he was serious" rian said walking over to us.

"I know" jack said amazed. I was frozen waitin to see any sign of an answer. Yes, I was over Kelly but it still hurt a lot to see her with him. When I saw her nod I felt my heart drop.

"Come on let's go congratulate them" jack said. His face was lit up like crazy. He ran over to them. Rian started to run but then he saw me still standing there.

"What's wrong zack?" he asked as I started to walk over to them.

"It still hurts ya know?" I said "I'm over her but I just don't want her getting hurt again"

"We don't want that either" he said walking next to me "But Alex makes her happy and she makes him happy. You saw how Alex was when she wasn't here. I think he's better with her than without her and the same goes for her. Kelly loves him"

"I know" was all I could say. We were standing in front of jack Alex and Kelly hugging the shit out of each other. Kelly sounded like she was crying. She had to be so happy right now. I wrapped my arms around her and Alex.

Alex looked at me. His eyes looked scared. I smiled at him and he relaxed a little but not completely.

"I can't breathe" I heard Kelly choke out. We all laughed as we let go of them. Her face was glowing. She looked happier than ever. I just wish it was me that made her that happy.

"Best birthday present ever!" jack yelled jumping up and down.

Sorry for the shortness :/