Chapter 40

I hope you guys are okay with zack's POV because I'm going to keep it like that for a bit :)

ZACKS POV

Amanda and I spent the rest of the night together. We stayed away from everyone as much as we could. We sat on the bench in the front and talked. She leaned up against my side and I put my arm around her shoulder. Our hands were still together. Our fingers tangled together and everything felt right. Every time I looked down at them I smiled.

"Hey you guys" I jumped when I heard Kelly's voice. I looked up an saw her standing with Alex next to her.

"Hey" Amanda said "Congratulations you two" Kelly's face lit up.

"Thanks. Come on I want to talk to you about something" she said. Amanda kissed me quickly before leaving with Kelly, who looked like she was about to start jumping for joy when she saw what just happened. Alex sat down next to me.

"That just answered my question" he said laughing.

"What question was that?" I asked. He looked down

"I didn't know how you were going to react to all of this. I just wanted to make sure that you were okay" he looked so scared.

"Alex man, don't worry about what i think about this okay? You two are perfect for each other and it shouldn't matter what I think" I said reassuring him "But if you hurt her again, I swear to god I'll beat the shit out of you" his face was terrified. I laughed and he calmed down a little.

"Thank you zack" he said standing up. I stood up too. "I know she means a lot to you and I know you never want to see her hurt ever again. I want you to know that she will be safe no matter what"

"Thanks man" I said giving him a bro hug. We walked inside and saw Kelly and Amanda standing in the kitchen. Kelly pranced over to Alex and kissed him. I made my way over to Amanda. She smiled at me an wrapped her arms around my waist. She rested her head on my chest. I kissed her hair then rested my head on top of hers. "You're so beautiful" I whispered. She didn't say anything or look up. She just tightened her arms around me. I heard her sniffle. I looked back and Alex. He nodded and left the room dragging a confused Kelly out with him. I gently pulled away from her and looked at her. "What's wrong?" I asked her worried. She wiped her eyes and looked down. "Amanda please answer me"

"You're the first person to tell me that I was beautiful in 10 years" she whispered. "I'm not used to it I guess"

"I hope you realize that it's the truth" I said smiling at her.

"I do know" she looked up at me "It took me about 8 years to believe it" I looked at her confused. Then it hit me. She had always been conscience about her weight. Kelly had told me a while back that Amanda was anorexic. I brought my forehead down to hers so I could look her in the eye.

"I think that you're perfect the way you are. You're beautiful and amazing and if anyone thinks other wise, fuck em. They're nothing compared to you" I whispered. Tears fell down her face again. She kissed me then wrapped her arms around me again.

"Thank you" she whispered.

"Any time love" I whispered back into her hair. We stood there in the kitchen for about 10 minutes before Rian came in.

"Everything okay?" he asked me

"Yeah" I said smiling

"Okay well jack told me to tell you that everyone is leaving"

"Thanks" I said with Amanda still clinging to my body. Rian looked at her then back at me then back at her. A smile grew on his face.

Jack walked into the kitchen with Alex and Kelly close behind. They all smile and left us alone. People did the same thing as they left the house. Amanda didn't even notice. We were the last people left. Jack and Kelly and Alex were upstairs. "Hey hang here for a moment. I want to talk to jack for a second then I'll take you home" she nodded and I quickly ran upstairs to jack's room. I knocked on his door.

"Come in" he called. I walked in. "Hey zack" he smiled standing in the middle of his room.

"Hey I just wanted to say goodnight. I'm going to take Amanda home" his face lit up

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow at practice?" the smile on his face got bigger. I just nodded and left.

I walked down stairs and found Amanda right where I left her.

"Come on" I whispered holding out my hand. She took it and we walked out the door.

We walked down the road to her house. She lived two houses away from me so I didn't mind walking her home.

"Zack you really didn't have to do this" she whispered when we got to her front step.

"Yeah I did" she smiled "So what are we calling this?" she pointed at the air between the two of us.

"I dont know. All i know is that I like you a lot and youre absolutely beautiful"

"Please stop calling me that" she whispered.

"Why?" I asked confused

"Because I'm not ready for it" she looked down and moved away from me a little.

"Well I'll be there to call you that when you are ready" I said kissing the top of her head. She looked up and stood on her toes to kiss me.

"Thank you" she wrapped me in a hug.

"Anything for you" I said kissing her again before saying goodbye. I walked home that night thinking about someone who I could see loving me back as much as I love them.